Some people ..

Concentrate more on page 3 -4 …
I,m the one called paul obviously :laughing:

Why are these people so delusional … I think some owner driver’s could offer some advice here on the why do it subject matter .
And the get road freight onto railways is an open floor :confused:

Look here

The clue is in the title :

landROVERnet.com/forum/

Just ignore them. All Rover drivers are idiots, just look at how they drive on the roads. Allus one in front of you driving at half the legal speed limit, completely oblivious to everything going on around them. They’re all the same :angry: .

Rob K:
The clue is in the title :

landROVERnet.com/forum/

LandRover Rob, different than Rover :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

No, Denis, they all drive the same.

Now Now, Calm down please ROBERT K :exclamation:

I drive a RANGE ROVER :smiling_imp:

Cheers,

NIALL. ( Thanks for your comments Robert. Or is it Robin ?) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

P.S. - What do you drive mate ■■

Rob K:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
If ever you get the confidence to meet some trucknet members in person Rob we can go for a nice ride in country in a 110 with repton behind the wheel. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Is your health insurance up to date? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Niall:
P.S. - What do you drive mate ■■

Silver Vauxhall Astravan 2.0 Di Sportive on a V plate at the moment.

why would rob and repton want to go in the coubntry with an old scania

Ladytrucker679:

Rob K:

we can go for a nice ride in country in a 110 with repton behind the wheel.

Green laneing ■■

Look for a red 90 (98 R ) with chq plate wingtops etc , steering guard , more than likely be me , give me a wave …
:sunglasses:

paul@midway:
Green laneing ■■

Look for a red 90 (98 R ) with chq plate wingtops etc , steering guard , more than likely be me , give me a wave …
:sunglasses:

Mine is a G plate NATO green ex military 110 without a straight panel on it and a nice throaty V8 noise coming out of the back end. When I do go out laning it tends to be in the North Yorks Moors.

Paul

AAHHH
I thought you would also be in burton on trent as lady trucker is .

My laneing trips tend to be in the peak district and extending to south yorks …

paul@midway:
Concentrate more on page 3 -4 …
I,m the one called paul obviously :laughing:

Why are these people so delusional … I think some owner driver’s could offer some advice here on the why do it subject matter .
And the get road freight onto railways is an open floor :confused:

Look here

OMG! 5 pages in how long? They’re doing better than here!!!

I’ve not been in in weeks and you get a thread like this?!

AND… They’ve closed the sodding thread! Noooo!!! How could they?!

Getting out of hand was it? I’ve not even got down the 1st page before wanting to stick me oars in!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I’ve had to create a new thread just to put my words in!!!

There are other threads there on roughly the same thing anyway…

Thanks Paul :slight_smile:

Not wanting to be derogatry to the landrover forum mate but i have found in the past once you start argueing a bit with the moderators for whatever reason they close ranks and the slightest hint of calling someone an arse the thread gets locked …
I know argueing and calling people arse’s etc isn’t appreciated here but it is allowed to run on that forum until its a mod on the end of the fireing line …

Did you like my van versus arctic explanation , i thought it was rather good myself …

For those not bothered to click the link i will get it for you …
Copied and pasted from my own posting somewhere else …

ITs all estimations etc and quite a simple lesson so i think .

Posting

I think a quick lesson in logistics and usage is in order here …
A typical arcticulated vehicle can carry 29+ tonne …
A typical transit van can carry ( being generous ) 3 tonne , lets say four to be generous .
A typical supermarket will require at least at a guess 8 arctics per day .

Ok the supermarket produce all 29 tonne of it is dropped off at the railway depot and vans turn up to collect it , not lorries as we dont want them on the road .
29 tonne will require 8 vans and obviously 8 drivers . ( possibly more , depends on the mass )
8 van drivers would possibly equate to 4 hgv drivers wages …

To be fair lets say that 5 transits are the same overall length as an arctic .
So for every lorry taken off the road we are adding 5 vans plus 3 extra vans .

So for one delivery we now need 8 vehicles 8 drivers , causing more of those harmful gases and costing more money to the supermarket due to an increase in vehicle maintenance and wages .
And lets not forget the added congestion from the extra vans we have gained from getting rid of one arctic …

So the question is how much do you want to pay for your consumables as the buisness’s will pass the extra cost of vehicles and wages onto the consumer ? .
And how much longer do you want to sit in traffic because of the 3 extra vans x thousands ?

Think of it like that …

Paul, you did well in there. You’re now a veteran of these things.

A lot of the comments just goes to show what twaddle some of them come up with…

I was sorely tempted to reply to the guy that had, what was it 4? V8s?? Huh? Now there is someone who has money to burn!

If anything I’d end up with a diesel LR, but I’m on a Pug205 right now :slight_smile:

I’ve put a fresh thread in with that link. We’ll see if it generates much thread.

The fuel has almost run out around here. I’ve got a full 40 litres of diesel in my own car, that does 60mpg :slight_smile: My father now has had 40 litres of diesel to replace the 40 litres of petrol we drained last week after a little mistake… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I reckon I’ll personally be ok :slight_smile: Are you going to be ok with your work??

I,ll be ok with work once my back sort’s itself out ( see back problem thread )
Work has said anyone with diesel motors can come in and use our supply FOC to pick people up and take them home . No driving lorries , just acting as a shuttle service …
Big tanks at work underground i,m led to beleive …

paul@midway:
I,ll be ok with work once my back sort’s itself out ( see back problem thread )
Work has said anyone with diesel motors can come in and use our supply FOC to pick people up and take them home . No driving lorries , just acting as a shuttle service …
Big tanks at work underground i,m led to beleive …

Slowdown on some of the threads :frowning:

About the fuel tanks; good idea. Nice of them to care in that way really, but then they need the workforce to.

I’d be interested to see how that works out for your insurance though, as driving colleagues; would that be construed as work? If you’re getting payment in fuel then it could be. And you’re insurance would be invalid effectively as it’s used for business use?!

Excuse me if I’m waffling…

Cheers :wink:

Its a valid comment to be honest …
I don’t think it will come to that though …

smeserver:
I was sorely tempted to reply to the guy that had, what was it 4? V8s?? Huh? Now there is someone who has money to burn!

If anything I’d end up with a diesel LR

Nah, you want a V8 converted to LPG. That way you get all the power and lovely noise of the V8 at diesel fuel costs. Plus I’ve not noticed a single garage that’s out of LPG yet! Getting 13mpg out of my V8 at 40ppl means that it’s equivalent in terms of fuel cost to running a diesel that does about 32mpg which isn’t bad really considering how heavy and unaerodynamic it is.

smeserver:
but I’m on a Pug205 right now :slight_smile:

I’ve got one of those too, the normally aspirated turbo version. It’s my daily driver and I get 55mpg out of it which isn’t bad for a 350quid car.

Paul

Yeah :slight_smile: I’m saving up for a LR… I think… Or a Digital SLR :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Choices Choices huh! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: