Some Old Seddon's

moomooland:

This is another taken in Sheffield on Staniforth Road towards the city centre I am sure the building is Cravens
cheers Johnnie

moomooland:

Another fantastic photo. I had a Riley RM like the one in the shot. Good cars.

Buzzer:
When looking at this thread I remember tipping at Christopher Hill’s mill in Poole Dorset, this was one of the first loads I did after passing my HGV test in 1973 and It was a load of skimmed milk powder in wax bags which was a bugger to keep upright on a truck and needed roping on every hook to secure. Me I was driving a GUY big J with Gardner 180 but I remember Hill’s ran quite a few Seddon’s, some artics but here I have found a four wheeler depicted in a painting having loaded on the quay, don’t know what model but thought it may be of interest to you all, cheers Buzzer.

A nice painting. The Seddon is from the late 1950s / early 1960s, one of the 15/10 models with a Pennine coachbuilt cab (who Seddon also owned). Probably powered by a Leyland 0.375 or Perkins R6. As you say Christopher Hill ran quite a few Seddons over the years, eventually taken over by RHM.

The Seddon that my dad drove in the early sixties for Laws Transport was ex Christopher Hill, that had a Leyland engine and came from Tilburys in Southampton. Laws also had some like the one in the painting, perhaps from the same source?

Pete.

moomooland:

Hello moomooland do you by any chance or any body else would know if this sort of Seddon was at BRS Queensferry . thasnk you Trevor ps i can not recall that sort of type …

tastrucker:

moomooland:

Hello moomooland do you by any chance or any body else would know if this sort of Seddon was at BRS Queensferry . thasnk you Trevor ps i can not recall that sort of type …

I can only find one. ADM 975B fleet no. CH53

TIDDERSON:

tastrucker:

moomooland:

I can only find one. ADM 975B fleet no. CH53

Hello Mr TIDDERSON , thank you very much , thats a Queensferry code , and Flintshire DM registration , Trevor

Seddon T.jpg

moomooland:

Hello moomooland isnt that a ANcliff Seddon 32. 4 artic ? lovely shot thank you Trevor .

tastrucker:

moomooland:

Hello moomooland isnt that a ANcliff Seddon 32. 4 artic ? lovely shot thank you Trevor .

Looks like Ashbourne ?

Trev_H:

tastrucker:

moomooland:

Looks like Ashbourne ?

Yep, Buxton Hill.

Pete.

Seddon Shunter-001.jpg

Here is the one that I took my test in many years ago,an old dust cart made into an artic complete with crew cab,crash box & two speed axle :unamused:

That would have been a Constant Mesh box not a Crash, they were not in general use by this period although some CM boxes had Crash First or Crawler gears, hence the noise when some drivers tried to engage it!

Operated by Kimberly Clark Ltd and based at Blaydon on Tyne.

image.jpeg
Seddon Globetrotter .

moomooland:

BRS Kinswood Bristol ? regards Keith .