Some Old Seddon's

With regard to the ■■■■■■■■■■■■ in ERF and Seddon…give the benefit of the doubt and credits to Mr. Bryan Hunt please.
He joined ■■■■■■■ in 1959 and his first order was to have a ■■■■■■■ installed in the ERF 4 wheeler which was operational
for ■■■■■■■ to deliver engines…to various lorry-assemblers then.

Herewith a rare Seddon-Van Twist (before Hocké got the right to import) who were located at Dordrecht and Perkins-dealer
as well for a very long time, both automotive and marine

Seddon-VanTwist-Maessen.jpg

moomooland:

Great picture moomooland, wonder where it was taken.

Sorry I see it now :blush:

ERF-Continental:
With regard to the ■■■■■■■■■■■■ in ERF and Seddon…give the benefit of the doubt and credits to Mr. Bryan Hunt please.
He joined ■■■■■■■ in 1959 and his first order was to have a ■■■■■■■ installed in the ERF 4 wheeler which was operational

Herewith a rare Seddon-Van Twist (before Hocké got the right to import) who were located at Dordrecht and Perkins-dealer

I was once told by Peter Foden when ERF’s were producing circa 3000 chassis per year that they got 1000 Gardner units and 1500 ■■■■■■■■■■■ difference was made up by 500 RR engines which mainly went into the big orders for the own account operators big Oil Companies and the like.Cheers Bewick.

moomooland:

Paul that is Middlewood road heading out of Sheffield the road where the kerb cuts away is Dykeshall Road

cheers Johnnie

Bewick:

ERF-Continental:

I was once told by Peter Foden when ERF’s were producing circa 3000 chassis per year that they got 1000 Gardner units and 1500 ■■■■■■■■■■■ difference was made up by 500 RR engines which mainly went into the big orders for the own account operators big Oil Companies and the like.Cheers Bewick.

Late 1950’s ERF were producing 1000 to 1200 chassis each year. It wasn’t until the mid-70’s at the earliest that they got anywhere near 3,000 per year.

gingerfold:

Bewick:

ERF-Continental:

Late 1950’s ERF were producing 1000 to 1200 chassis each year. It wasn’t until the mid-70’s at the earliest that they got anywhere near 3,000 per year.

Hiya … the 70,s ERF was selling ONE lorry per week the whole place was on 3 days nothing was going anywhere.
i was on 1 week on 1 off… we was doing 25 lorries a week plus specials then doom struck.
John

One of Huntley and Palmers Seddon vans in Sheffield

Seddon Diesel 32/4 tractor unit Reg No KAM 388P registered new to Bass Charrington Ltd on the 1st of August 1975.

moomooland:
0One of Huntley and Palmers Seddon vans in Sheffield

That picture was taken before October 1961 as that was when the trams finished, and it is Fargate ( which is a pedestrianised precinct now) as we were down there earlier today

cheers Johnnie

moomooland:
0One of Huntley and Palmers Seddon vans in Sheffield

That’s a wonderful photo, full of nostalgia, and so much to observe. thank you

Heres a cracking picture of the A62 through Waterhead in the days before they built the M62. :smiley:

For those of you who know this old trans pennine road the Atki and AEC will be getting a bit of speed up for the long climb up Austerlands brow.
Apart from the curve of the road you would hardly recognise this location today with all the buildings on the left of the picture along with most on the right now demolished.
Take a look at the scene today here on Google Street View.

moomooland:
Heres a cracking picture of the A62 through Waterhead in the days before they built the M62. :smiley:
For those of you who know this old trans pennine road the Atki and AEC will be getting a bit of speed up for the long climb up Austerlands brow.
Apart from the curve of the road you would hardly recognise this location today with all the buildings on the left of the picture along with most on the right now demolished.
Take a look at the scene today here on Google Street View.

I was doing an evening load of castings over to David Brown at Meltham one summer evening along this road out of Oldham, following a slow moving Rolls Royce coupe with its roof down, the driver was full of himself and waving to people…it was Jimmy Savile. It’s amazing what sticks in one’s memory after all these years.

I was doing an evening load of castings over to David Brown at Meltham one summer evening along this road out of Oldham, following a slow moving Rolls Royce coupe with its roof down, the driver was full of himself and waving to people…it was Jimmy Savile. It’s amazing what sticks in one’s memory after all these years.
gingerfold

When I was stationed at Nuneaton in the 70’s me and the Mrs were walking in the town when she suddenly waved at a Rolls Royce passing us by, I said who you waving at, she said its Larry Grayson and he was waving at me. Oh right I said…you sure he wasn’t waving at me! :wink:

Frankydobo:
gingerfold

When I was stationed at Nuneaton in the 70’s me and the Mrs were walking in the town when she suddenly waved at a Rolls Royce passing us by, I said who you waving at, she said its Larry Grayson and he was waving at me. Oh right I said…you sure he wasn’t waving at me! :wink:

Hi Frankydobo, Did you notice his reg, He did have GAY 7 At one time, Regards Larry.

Seddon Sheffield 1-001.jpg

When looking at this thread I remember tipping at Christopher Hill’s mill in Poole Dorset, this was one of the first loads I did after passing my HGV test in 1973 and It was a load of skimmed milk powder in wax bags which was a bugger to keep upright on a truck and needed roping on every hook to secure. Me I was driving a GUY big J with Gardner 180 but I remember Hill’s ran quite a few Seddon’s, some artics but here I have found a four wheeler depicted in a painting having loaded on the quay, don’t know what model but thought it may be of interest to you all, cheers Buzzer.