Some Old Seddon's

Seddon Diesel tanker Reg No 431 FWX operated by ‘The Yorkshire Dyeware & Chemical Company Ltd’ of Selby.

BRS Seddon in Birmingham.

3/4 different drivers 7 days a week. …all london work, our seddons took a battering. 220 ■■■■■■■ DB box

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

A00322.JPG

oiltreader:

Jenson:
I don’t know anything about this photo, are they legs or something on the trailer for building a stand maybe ? , also the cab roof has something heavy duty on it for standing on.

Hi Jenson, that was the transporter for Donald Campbell’s Bluebird, speed record breaking car not sure which one there were at least 2 and in preservation toured racing circuits .
Oily

Photo of the same motor, taken by the late Peter Davison when he and I were at the Cheshire Steam Fair one year

250RPB.jpg
Incidentally, Donald Campbell was actually a director of Graham Adams Limited, although I don’t know what his connection with the business was.

240 Gardner:

oiltreader:

Jenson:
I don’t know anything about this photo, are they legs or something on the trailer for building a stand maybe ? , also the cab roof has something heavy duty on it for standing on.
Hi Jenson, that was the transporter for Donald Campbell’s Bluebird, speed record breaking car not sure which one there were at least 2 and in preservation toured racing circuits .
Oily

Photo of the same motor, taken by the late Peter Davison when he and I were at the Cheshire Steam Fair one year

Incidentally, Donald Campbell was actually a director of Graham Adams Limited, although I don’t know what his connection with the business was.

These Seddon SD4s were some of the first ■■■■■■■ engine powered open market lorries in the UK. ■■■■■■■ engines were previously used in heavy haulage tractors re-engined by such as Wynns and Pickfords.

Vitafoam factory on Don Street Middleton Manchester

Another one of 595 BUS, Brian Edgar photo. Les.

ddon4x2rigidinsulatedboxvan_HS-vi.jpg

moomooland:

Same as my dad drove for Laws Transport, Whitley Wood Lane, Reading. It had a Leyland engine in it and a Tamplin tank with auger discharge.

Pete.

Seddon Diesel 16/4 operated by Edward Sykes of Ashton under Lyne.

Seddon DD8.jpg

A few years ago there was a Seddon DD8 lying derelict in North Wales which several people had tried to buy, but the owner wouldn’t sell. I wonder if it was this one?

moomooland:
0Seddon Diesel 16/4 operated by Edward Sykes of Ashton under Lyne.

I think this may be a 15/4 which had a slightly narrower front axle and by the looks of it a single speed axle , I think ?.

moomooland:

HI “moomooland”
loved the Seddon mk 5 artic / carrimore of Vitamealo , my first truck 1950 BRS Oxford was similar , trailer close coupled hence rounded front to clear cab (just) . must have been a deluxe model to have a spotlight and two mirrors but only the usual one wiper though. fond memories of the days of a 20mph plate .no rushing about , 180 mile day limit , 3 days to Inverness etc . I could go on but not to upset todays steering wheel attendents --better go -toshboy

See he has made good use of his ‘greedy boards’ :smiley: