Some Old Seddon's

A York third axle conversion on that Seddon as opposed to the factory approved Primrose, seems to be a 13.Four.354 too going by the exhaust, later converted 16.Four six wheelers would have found the Perkins V8-510 a little better but possibly noisier!

Gingerfold was correct I would say in his first assumption that the Bradley Seddon was a Mk 15/10 rather than solely a Mk15 which is seen with the cab below (pic from Bubbs thread) so the photo given to Graham may have been marked correctly as a 15/10 on the tag. The different variations are seen below and one bit of info records that only the Mk14 and Mk15/10 seem to have a model badge on the grille. Seddon certainly used to enjoy a bit of mix ‘n’ match.

Worth noting the Bluebird Adams SD4 Seddon artic seen showing Campbell’s supercar was just prior to his ill-fated run at Bonneville in 1960 which I’m sure we are all familiar with. I believe this car has now been fully rebuilt there was an article on the BBC’s Look North programme just a few months ago about it. Franky.

A Mk 14 leaving the Seddon Works

A Mk 15

A Mk 15/10 six wheeler

By the way Moomooland you say the ‘late’ Peter Davison or was it Peter Davies who also took many lorry pics and wrote books as I hadn’t heard of him passing. Are they different people, just to clear things up, cheers Franky.

Frankydobo:
By the way Moomooland you say the ‘late’ Peter Davison or was it Peter Davies who also took many lorry pics and wrote books as I hadn’t heard of him passing. Are they different people, just to clear things up, cheers Franky.

Hi Franky,
The late Peter Davison drove for Gilbraith’s for many years and lived in Accrington not to be confused with renowned lorry photographer Peter J Davies.

Moomooland wrote; The late Peter Davison drove for Gilbraith’s for many years and lived in Accrington not to be confused with renowned lorry photographer Peter J Davies.

Cheers for clearing that up mate wasn’t sure if it was a typo. Franky.

W.Carter Haulage Woodbridge suffolk

W.Carter seddon

then later came to grief

Jenson:

An interesting comment of Franky’s about Primrose third axles being the preferred option of Seddon but I seem to recall that they also used Moss axles well from memory the James Cropper 6 wheeler Seddons didn’t use either York or Primrose trailing axles, but I stand to be corrected :wink: Cheers Bewick.

Frankydobo:

Peter Davies is alive and well and on Saturday 13th Jan 2018 he is presenting a slide show at the CVRTC Midlands Branch Meeting at Coventry. Entitled “These Have Never Been Seen Before” it should be a fascinating show. I hope to be there.

The meeting is open to non-members, so if anyone wants to enjoy an afternoon of nostalgic photos, PM me and I’ll give you the details.

Strange one this. :confused:
The headboard and door graphics have been photo-shopped along with the number plate, wonder who the real operator was??

A left hand drive operated by Hollemans of Arnhem Holland

Strange one this.
The headboard and door graphics have been photo-shopped along with the number plate, wonder who the real operator was?? Moomooland.

I can tell you, it was a photo I had that I photo-shopped to show my younger Sister how our Dads wagon looked as she was too young to remember and I didn’t have a photo of the real thing, I put it on our FB page. I noticed a few months back it was on the internet when I was looking for Seddon pics and wondered how it had got there, somebody must have copied it! The original pic was a Vale Transport motor from Bridgend 206 XTG, not sure the real colours but the black and white pic I have is very similar to the Cream and Chestnut Brown of the Ouseburn livery I changed it to. Just shows how easy it is to find and transfer stuff on the net, I’ve even seen some of my models I’ve built in the past and photographed for forums appear elsewhere, I suppose this sort of thing goes on all the time. I’m sure I put the original Vale Transport pic on here a while back. Franky.

Another Seddon left hand drive from Holland.

Here’s a few that made it all the way down under.

Austrailian Seddon Leyland-001.jpg

I haven’t been through all 16 pages to see if this has been posted before, apologies if it has…it’s off a French forum…

More info on this and other Seddons on the Saviem thread, page 213…

moomooland:

Which engines would these two Seddons have . AEC maybe for the unit and Perkins for the ridged ? Cheers Bewick.

The first pic of the two Seddons posted by Moomooland show just how confusing the company’s range became to pin an exact model name to certain products. At first the tractor unit could be taken for say a 24.4.5LW or 354 but a closer look at the grille shows it wears a Mark 14 badge on the grille something only the Mk15/10’s and Mk14 models seemed to show. It seems this Mark14 could have been ordered with maybe a request for the latest cab to be fitted or more likely Seddon just done their own thing which they at times seemed to do. It was also likely to have had a Gardner 6LW fitted just as the earlier cabbed Mk14’s did. Franky. :frowning:

Blowing up the picture seems to show the badge reads Mark 15/10. The brake servo doesn’t look Mark 14 to me either.

Your quite right cav551 my mistake (all this confusion has got to me) I got Mk14 into my head instead of the other, I blew the pic up too yesterday when I noticed there was something on the grille, I’ve seen this pic before too but hadn’t noticed it then. I have a picture of a Mk15/10 six wheeler with the same later cab as above, yet this also could be confused with a 20.6.6LW which again has exactly the same cab but obviously no grille badge. Franky.