Some of the last mohicans from Poland

These ones will be gone soon… Wheel nut said that you (plural) might be interested, so I took few pics during my visit to Poland.

I did not had a time to go for some lorryspotting session, so these are just a few I did while waiting for the bus or from the car.

The old merc, very well kept…

Haven’t seen too much of these here in UK… (Renault)

And now something from Eastern Europe:

Å»uk (quite few of them were made between 1960s and 1997…)

…and it’s successor Lublin:

(this was supposed to be replaced by something you now know as LDV MAXUS)

Jelcz 315 (this make is now gone)

Polonez Truck (you might know these, they were apparently sold in Britain, I saw once one RHD R plated in London)

Star 266, brilliant 6X6 military truck (friend of mine bought it once and hoped to convert it into the motorhome, but he gave up and sold it due to fuel consumption… But it was me who drove it to the buyer, that was some adventure (in some versions you can take roof of and put the windscreen flat like in Jeep Willis, this is fun if you are not affraid of swallowing insects :smiley: )

Star 742 (taken oven by MAN, until recently it was assembling plant for outdated MAN models under the “Star” brand, but now it’s just an another MAN factory). Star it’s not from the space :slight_smile:, Star is a name derived from the town the factory was located - Starachowice.

Multicar, microtruck from East Germany. They still do similar vehicles. This is the only surviving vehicle manufacturer from former DDR!

Steyr, from Austria. AFAIK no longer making trucks, engines only. Seen one german plated in UK recently, so still running not only in EE :wink:

And off course:

Indestructable Kamaz! :slight_smile:

Disclaimer: We do have modern trucks in Poland, this thread is just aimed to show you some of these you can’t see in UK too often :slight_smile:

good pictures there, a real variety.

Brilliant pic’s orys. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Great photos!!! :smiley: Some of those trucks could be annoying to everybody drivers when an old truck driving slow on the countryside road and we had to overtake!!! :smiley: