Some of my photo's from the 80's

the frenchman with a yellow volvo f10 was pascal robineau.

Curt Goransson was awesome at drifting that N12 round the corners :smiley: :smiley:

Saw the wheelie truck hit the barriers and turn over but can’t remember where, poss York Raceway PMSL :exclamation: :exclamation:

I remember going to one of the first truck races at Donnington and being able to wander round the pits.That was one of the early times when there were a few trailers parked ready to be picked up when some of the race trucks and drivers were going back to work on the Monday!. I saw a French Volvo having its pump adjusted by quite an old boy.He revved it to the max,kept adjusting,and it seemed to me that he was looking at how wet the exhaust deposits were.Not sure if it was Pascal Robineau’s or not,but quite fascinating.

way_1974:
Who remembers Lady Louise on Blue Peter then?

i have a pic of me and my dad in front of that truck somewhere! at truckfest 1989!!

I’ve finally managed to dig these out of hibernation. Some are from truck racing at Donington Park and some are from a truck show at a race course somewhere, during which the trucks were drag racing down the straight. Hope you like them.

Very tidy DAF

Richard Walkers truck

Can’t quite remember what the Daily Star were doing with this truck, anyone remember?

Richard Walker again

Redgate corner, 1st lap

Craner curves

Trucks following Gertie on the parade lap

Gertie and ■■■■ Pountains ERF

Murty’s jet truck

Richard Walkers Kenworth

Richard Walker and Reliance ERF

Pountains ERF and old maggie

Richard Walker versus someone I can’t recognise, any ideas?

Gertie versus ■■?

Another jet truck

Off the start line, Curt Gorranson leading with Steve Parrish directly behind him

Wheelie big truck (sorry :blush: )

Slim Borgudd in his Volvo White

Who remembers Lady Louise on Blue Peter then?

GREAT PHOTOS
THAT WAS WHEN TRUCK RACING WAS GOOD
that ray leich daf is the business

Some great memories there. I went with my dad and his mates to Silverstone in the late 80’s to watch. Brilliant weekend. Barry Sheene was piloting one of the trucks, also i remember there was a Frenchman driving that yellow F10. Some wonderful committed racing, going into corners three abreast engines screaming smoke everywhere and the cabs bouncing. I can still smell the brake dust. We watched a Leyland cabbed Scammell overturn in front of us on one of the corners. Think it was Becketts. He clipped the grass and started going sideways. Fair play to him he booted it, trying to power out of the slide and not lose his place but it wasn’t happening, the grass was too slippy and he was going too fast and the wheels dug in on something and the whole lot just toppled over. Seemed to happen in slow motion. He was ok. Just had a bit of explaining to do to the boss!

During the early races on the Saturday I’ll never forget the noise as the drivers doubled-de-clutched changing down on the approach to the last corner which was a chicane just before the start/finish straight. Still gives me goose bumps. It is testament to the drivers bravery (stupidity?) that by the Sunday they weren’t bothering to change down and were taking the chicane in top! I think. Now this chicane was made up of two big blocks of polystyrene and somehow they survived the weekend largely unscathed. Until the last race. On the last lap the three at the front came flying out from under the bridge more or less side by side. None of them would give an inch on the approach, there was contact, an explosion of polystyrene and one of them crossed the finish line going backwards! Brilliant racing. Great memories.