Some of my old trucks

I came accross some old photo’s from my days on international work so whilst sitting at home on the sick I thought I would take the time to share a few of them with you, especially dafdave with whom I used to work with at this company. Hope you like them Dave and they bring back some memories.

First truck I drove for Harveys, unloading paper reels on a flatbed in France 1993

again at same delivery

My Daf with Gary’s Iveco loaded with oil pipes for Kuwait 93/94

Me and my trusty steed

Same trip but from a diff angle

Can’t remember were this was taken but it was somewere in europe and if I remeber rightly the 3300 daf was dafdave’s. I was at this time driving the Styer

I rolled the Steyr on its side in july 95 just outside Folkstone docks on my way out to France, a combination of slow roll (was only doing 14mph) and an idiot car driver at the side of me. My boss bought this daf 85 as a replacement for me. Here I am loaded with reels for France.

nice pictures, what was the steyr like to drive? any more pics from the kuwait run?

excellent pictures you got any more.

That B-Reg looks ancient to me but I suppose it was only about 9years old at the time.

Steyrs are great trucks to drive. V8’s & about 350 horse . I had about three of 'em.

Good pics :smiley:

Sorry to those that have asked if I have any more pics but i’m affraid I haven’t. I did have more but dont know where they are I only came across these after my dad found them in his loft. I only live 5 mins from the company and I know my old boss has loads of pics so I will try and get some off him and put them on here.
The steyr was a great motor to drive, but what you cant see in that picture is the length of the unit.It was actually a tri axle and had been extended to put the lift up tag axle on. I think it had a 350 engine in it with an eaton twin splitter.