Some more old pics

Axorman ive posted part 1 of the LDD of Adabans Merc from july 76
but i dont have august 76s copy which will have the second part in
Hope this is of some use to you

Hello nianiamh and jj72,

Looks like I was nearly 10 years out, must have it mixed up with something else

Thats the one, hope someone has part 2 and that has fotos of the derv tank.

If anyone is interested here is a link to a couple of my models. These are in 1/24 scale

public.fotki.com/Pinball17/

Thanks

Ron

how time flies eh?! should in theory have the issue containing the second part but i can’t scan & post - if i have it we’ll arrange something no problem

hi all. Ive recently come across the trucknet round table and have to comment.
The “Middle East book” so eagerly awaited by SO many, is still being written. I’m “helping” Nick Garlick with the research, although i have to say he has lost all interest and hasnt done any writing for a while. Nevertheless, most of the hard work has now been done and what i need to do is give him a good kicking to try and get him started again. We need to get it finished! We started over 4 years ago and sadly one or two “old hands” who have given us material have now died! Surely we owe it to them, and all you others who pounded the asian trail to get it finished? ill work on Nick…watch this space.

As a side order, can anyone tell me how to put photos on here? Especially GS, Do you remember Mark Stewart? Got some great photos of his “stretched” 141 being towed by you!

Hi jj72,
Just added this to my fotki album

Ron

Hi ,

Now I have this picy thing figured, 2 more

Hope you like

Ron

truckerash:
hi all. Ive recently come across the trucknet round table and have to comment.
The “Middle East book” so eagerly awaited by SO many, is still being written. I’m “helping” Nick Garlick with the research, although i have to say he has lost all interest and hasnt done any writing for a while. Nevertheless, most of the hard work has now been done and what i need to do is give him a good kicking to try and get him started again. We need to get it finished! We started over 4 years ago and sadly one or two “old hands” who have given us material have now died! Surely we owe it to them, and all you others who pounded the asian trail to get it finished? ill work on Nick…watch this space.

As a side order, can anyone tell me how to put photos on here? Especially GS, Do you remember Mark Stewart? Got some great photos of his “stretched” 141 being towed by you!

A lot of people have gone to a lot of trouble to give Nick Garlick information and photographs,giving him time and hospitality in the process for what was thought to be a good cause.A colleague of mine has voiced his displeasure at how he looked after Nick up here and gave him a lot of material,as did I,for what?.
I’ve sent you a PM on posting pictures,check your mail.

Truckerash
Welcome to the Forum. I just found out that Mark Stewart is a Magistrate now.
To post pics, register with www.photobucket.com then browse your files for the pics that you want to upload and Voila!!! you will have your own personal album. Then type your post and click Img where you want the picture. Then you right click on the post and the picture will be inserted as a file. You will only see your pics when you go on Preview.
Good luck, I look forward to seeing the “towing pic of me and Marks stretch”
I posted one of his unit on here somewhere.
GS

Truckerash
heres a pic that you may have already seen, in an earlier post.
Me and Mark Stewarts “Stretch” at Al Kulaifi Garage in Doha where we used to park once we had finished our customs formalities.

And this one is me and my Lebanese pals on a night out in Kuwait.

This next one is me and Black Billy overtaking the US Military Convoy on the TAP Line, on our way home during the Gulf War. The truck convoy was almost non-stop from Damam to Hafar al Batin!!!

GS

When we used to stop at the “Oryx” garage at Incerlic,(up the road from Adana),as I’ve mentioned in another post,we would quite often get some Yank servicemen from the Base come down for a few drinks with us.They did remark that in the States,truckers who drove coast to coast thought they were the dogs danglies,but that was nothing compared to the job we were doing.At least in the States,thay all spoke the same language,(Well nearly all).

Hi guys. thanks for advise on posting photos. here goes…if this sucessful, ill put some more on over the next couple of days.
This pic taken by John Williams who i believe was on same trip in his Volvo F88 drawbar. Nice shot of GS “caning it” down hte tarmac!

heres the photo for you GS. Towing Mark Stewart out of a “sinking situation”. Nice to see a 112 dragging a V8 141…

just looking at my posted photos…all seems OK. The original towing photo is much clearer full size. Honest GS, you really are towing him. Look carefully, you can just see the tow-bar.

truckerash:
just looking at my posted photos…all seems OK. The original towing photo is much clearer full size. Honest GS, you really are towing him. Look carefully, you can just see the tow-bar.

Many thanks for sharing your pics with us truckerash, i cant see the first pic only the one of GS towing the 141, but please keep them coming. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

Also please keep us posted on the book Nick is ment to be doing, i thought it was going to be sorted by last september :frowning:

Hi Truckerash.
Thanks for the pic of my Mighty Scania … They all used to take the ■■■■ because it only had 6 pistons. Called it a Scania Light!!
Not so light there though eh!! I was well freighted too, and so was Mark but at least I had plenty of traction. I told him not to park there, because the sand was too soft. That was on the Camel Road which was a short cut to Hofhuf.
I am not seeing the first photo though.
How did you end up with these old photos?
Anything to do with John Willie? RIP I used to enjoy running with John, and his wagon and drag.
I have a really nice one that John took, but it is a bit large to scan, I will see what I can do though.
GS

truckerash:
Hi guys. thanks for advise on posting photos. here goes…if this sucessful, ill put some more on over the next couple of days.
This pic taken by John Williams who i believe was on same trip in his Volvo F88 drawbar. Nice shot of GS “caning it” down hte tarmac!

[/img][/list]

You must have clicked on the wrong box on the photobucket site to finish up with a red X instead of a picture.

Ive scanned these pics from a book i have, some of you on here may know some of the faces. The job doesnt look that hard on the first pic :laughing:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Geezer in the red speedo’s is Gordon.

guys: dont know what happened to the first pic (red cross in box), when i checked last night at 8.30 the photo was there, strange.
ill try putting it on again tonight…
nice group photo outside Mo-Camp. Guy in red trunks is Gordon Pearce who was Asian Transport’s very first “employed” driver way back in 1966. And he’s still around today driving a wagon and drag for Tufnells!
Led to beleive the guy on far right in blue shirt is “Bun” Parlane ( forgive spelling) Gordon recognises him and the guy stood next but one to himself as Asian drivers but cant remember his name. Anyone put anymore names to faces? The other people were Australian backpackers on route to England.

HI all: heres one of the pics i got from Mark Stewart. This is another for you GS. Any idea whos the blue Scania 141 belongs to ?
Nice to see your Scania “light” squeezed between 2 “proper” trucks…