Some more fotos of the old ford parked in the w/house

anybody know any of its history?

[/img]

Sorry, don’t know any of it’s history, but it looks like it’s had a hard life

oh yeah, i like the diesel tank in the first pic :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It seems like the boss has got his work cut out with that one. Not a nice easy starter project.

Good Luck to him

I don’t know the actual truck but it looks like its not far from where it used to work from. LC Lewis ran more than one Transconti and used to have a yard by the Polo grounds Pontypool, South Wales. They seemed to mostly pull low loaders and later had Fodens, an 8X4 Daf 95 and I think I remember an S26 Scammell too.
I’m surprised to see it still in their colours and would be interested to know where its been. Has your boss bought it to restore? Who is doing the work?

According to a book about LC Lewis that I acquired recently, GVX 492T was bought by Lewis in 1982 they already had a 4x2 Transcon. It was originally white and blue having belonged to Fords plant division. It had a 375 hp engine and a Fuller 13 speed box.
LC Lewis did a lot of low loader work with it and it was still being used as a shunter about ten years ago.

Any idea if restoration has started?

Needs some grease round the 5th wheel :smiley:

Spotted that truck for sale in the classifieds of Classic and vintage commercial magazine.

i see malc your boss is getting on with the job. :laughing:

This truck was owned by a guy called Stuart and has now been sold to someone in scotland who is hoping to restore it

i saw this very vehicle about a week or two ago,on the back of a low loader heading past ecclefechan on the m74 northbound.