Some loose pics and thoughts from courier job :-)

As I had to put my pics into some order, I uploaded few onto the server to share them with you.

This is how I make my pics and movies - a gorilla tripad fits into the space on the sprinter dashboard and after some tries you can make it quite stable there.

There was a sale in Ikea Budapest :slight_smile:

British truckers are welcomed in Slovakia. They even prepared one layby that you can feel there like at home :grimacing:

So if you are after Ferrari, you know where to go now. To this autobazar in some Slovakian village :slight_smile:

Slovakia again. This looked like these speakers in North Korea or some Collective Farm in Soviet Union. They used to play propaganda songs through them. How good that these times are now gone - i thought to myself. But it can be even worse: now they play commercials through them:

(at the end of the movie you can see Avia Longline :wink: I never saw anything like that before, I guess it has to be as rare as Scania Longline :slight_smile: )

Why they never gave me any delivery to Slovakia when I was working for Coop? :slight_smile:

Now Czech Republic for a change. It seems that this contraflow is there for a while :wink:

I hate that motorway:

It’s something like that bit of A18 going into Poland from Cottbus, but that one is half of century older:

I would even think that the latter is better…

I really like that orchestra ( I won’t tell you where it is, it will be my Where I am one).

Is that really better than regular 7.5 tonner? I am sure of one thing, I would not like to drive that one near Tebay on a windy day :wink:

Sometimes I deliver to famous places

Somehow I am loosing my will to pay to that charity if they splash out for cherished number plates instead of actually help the animals…

Bartender, give me another one of these!!! :slight_smile:

Again, where I am? :wink:

“Old girls still working” - who knows whats that?

That looks like another nice “where I am?” :slight_smile:

My sat nav seems to have extensive knowledge of rural roads in Poland…

…and Czech Republic. But I managed to save plenty of time by avoiding traffic jams on both occasions :slight_smile:

I will put it to “Where I am” as well :wink:

This little fellow was keeping me company when I was waiting for a back load…

…in Switzerland.

Boat park :wink:

Jezus was walking on water, but that’s passe now. Now we drive on the lake :wink:

View from restaurant terrace… NIce change after all these burgers ate on the rain in the layby or in some stinky portakabin…

Old girls still working and carrying tourists around. I would give that Mercedes bus more than 70 years…

Driving small van gives you chance to take routes unavailable for big artics…

…and drive through the towns in search of some Shell stations with cheaper fuel.

When Germans say “narrow lane”, they mean that.

Is that some kind of diplomatic number plate or something?

Authorised Mercedes garage was playing games with us and waiting for warranty to end, then quoted us kidney and leg for repair. My boss told them that we do the repairs elsewhere. So they returned the van to us…

Very proffesional, don’t you think?

Yet another nice place I’ve been delivering to.

I really like this picture.

Le Mount St Michel

“Parking on that truckstop might result in burned back”

Somewhere in France

Sat nav says “this way” but I think it will be better when I look for other way…

I think there was hundreds of train engines here…

And now, some movies.

If you got your radio on, You will instantly know that you entered Czech republic :wink:

but you can also hear some nice jazz…

They have some law that they have to play mostly Czech songs. But they found a loophole. Do you know that song?

And what about that one?

…and they found his camera later next to his van and a huge pool of blood… :smiley:

It’s not only Czech Republic when they play weird music in radio. This sounds like some children’s song about snowing snow, and they played it just after it started to snow for the first time in autumn 2010

But it seems that they don’t keep weird music only for special occassions :slight_smile:

So that’s it for now, folks :wink:

too many nice pics there for my laptop, it freezes at around 75% downloaded, maybe you can make 2 post next time :slight_smile:

Nice one orys, great stuff.

That railway yard looks very much like Rouen to me…

Great pictures and I love your captions

manowar:
Nice one orys, great stuff.

That railway yard looks very much like Rouen to me…

It is Rouen. :wink:

FAB PHOTOS!!! like your sense of humour :wink:

Where I am?

first one - Central Prague, next to Vltava river, not far where i eat in the restaurant in 8 years ago! nice place before join the EU members became blooming full of tourists people & places! :unamused:

second one - I am not sure if that is Prague ring link to Brno motorway D1?

so I will be 15th person who want your job so much! :laughing:

Yes, there is one from Prague, a famous Dancing House (but from the less known side) :wink: