Some local trucks (irl)

this was the team that left the grouse pub to head to irvenstown this year

some of hughes

Gary Hughes

Morgans

Good pics.

Can anybody tell me why it is that so many Irish firms have Scanias that are 4x2, V8, with side skirts, and white paint jobs with light and dark blue highlighting?

I like that look, but it seems to be very much an Irish thing?

I often see the red Morgan Scanias(3rd pic from bottom) convoying down the A5 near Hinckley, heading towards Tamworth. Do they load out of the area or?

they have a depo in Hinckley. i would say that why tho it not ununsual to see 4 r 5 in convoy

Where abouts is the depot mate do you know? I think i have an idea where it, on wheatfield industrial estate. Are they heading back to Ireland when i see .them? Its usually a Friday/Saturday.

y side skirts?to be honest ,appearance we all know they do frig all else…y blue and white?to be honest ,.
red and white is too english and green and white is too irish so blue is neutral

ellies dad:
y side skirts?to be honest ,appearance we all know they do frig all else…y blue and white?to be honest ,.
red and white is too english and green and white is too irish so blue is neutral

ya can never be too Irish now… :wink:

i would say they like a big v8 for the longer life a big engine gives them . i broke down in Larne a few weeks ago in a 5 month old scania the guy couldnt beleve that we run at 44 tons with a fridge on european work ! plus a v8 sounds bloody lovely on straight thro pipes !!!

routier:

ellies dad:

ya can never be too Irish now… :wink:

AH ME AND YOU CANT BUT ITS AN ISSUE FOR SOME :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: