Some kind of SCAM Job?

£150 per day for driving an 18tonner, hell I’d bend over for that money, lol.
Seems like some kind of scam to me and I can’t be arsed to call, what do you guys think? It’s posted all over .Gov jobshite website

Vacancy from Jobcentre Plus
Job No:

MHH/25878
SOC Code:

Wage

£150.00 PER DAY
Hours

40 PER WEEK MONDAY TO FRIDAY BETWEEN 8AM-6PM
ALL OVER THE COUNTRY NG22
Duration

Permanent
Date posted

11 June 2012
Closing date

09 July 2012
Pension details

No details held
Description

Must be willing to work away from home and must have a HGV licence. Must have a current passport as may be required to drive abroad. You will be driving 18 tonne lorry and will be working away from home. Duties will be to deliver goods in the UK and abroad occasionally. The hours are starting from 8am but finishing times will be according to traffic.
How to apply

You can apply for this job by telephoning 07770 661957 and asking for Mr Andy James.
Employer

Weather Guard Systems

Alarm Bell Issues:

(1) Mobile phone number - no geographic location.
(2) No company address
(3) No specific client mentioned
(4) Vehicle with sleeper cab not specified - rare if it’s to be an 18t I would imagine.
(5) No details of how you get funded whilst away
(6) PAYE/SE not mentioned
(7) “Must have HGV licence” sounds like someone who doesn’t actually have one themselves asking.
(8) £150 day sounds like a round number, rather than the £148.22 which would be more realistic a wage would it not?

Worth investigating further for a genuine job, assuming you can go around to the perm premises for the interview.

For all you know the cargo could be “Fetching legal drugs from Amsterdam for delivery to inner city drop offs throughout the UK”
(You’re “legal” until you enter any country outside of Holland! :laughing: )

That particualr matches various companies with various names:-

caravancampingsites.co.uk/no … ltrees.htm

dotnetnuke.instone.biz/SkinDevel … fault.aspx

ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-VOLKSWAG … 2a1d33fc32

If a quick web search is the same company, it lists the director as the the employer in the ad, then one of the offices is a caravan park :open_mouth: , according to companies house the company is dormant, not necessarily a bad thing. I can’t find an application with the TC though under any address or company name or director name.

Looks like others beat me to it.

Yes set my alarm bells ringing too
same mobile■■?

Mob 07770 661957
Email info@talTall Trees Park
Open All Year
Fees £12.50
Please mention this web site when booking.
ReceptionTel 01623 626503ltreestouringpark.co.uk
Website talltreestouringpark.co.uk

OR
enquiries@JamesparkHomes.com
Head Office
29 Harpswell Hill Park Hemswell
Gainsborough, Lincs. DN21 5UT
Mobile : 07770 661957
Fax 01427 667709

You pays ya money and takes ya choice

Ummmm, too much money for Class 2 work, nobody pays so much when there is no need, too many 'Ski’s here that’ll do the job for much less.
Pity, as they say, “if it looks too good to be true…”
Saved an expensive phone call.

scottishcruiser:
That particualr matches various companies with various names:-

ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-VOLKSWAG … 2a1d33fc32

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , with a rating of 19 and only 80% positive feeback :open_mouth: :open_mouth: previous items include, 2 caravans, drive gates, I’m not implying anything but…

keith:
I wouldnt get out of bed for what he’s paying, in going to apply for this instead:

CLASS 1 HGV DRIVERVacancy from
Job No:BOL/116547
SOC Code:8211
Wage£500.00 to £700.00 Per HourHours45 HOURS PER WEEK DAYS/NIGHTS/WEEKENDS
LocationBOLTON BL6 5JE BL5
DurationTemporary
Date posted11 June 2012
Pension detailsNo details held
Description
Experienced drivers wanted to fill on-going temporary contract, all applicants must be smart and presentable, max 6 points on licence. Drivers must have tacho or digi card. Own transport essential. Drivers must be punctual, reliable and flexible as. On-going regular work for the right candidate for more information on this position call Hayley or Ally on 01925 222822 or 07799412882 Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
How to apply
You can apply for this job by telephoning 01925 222822 ext 0 or 07852 290262 ext 0 and asking for Ally Ross.
Employer
T.G Recruitment
:slight_smile:

Too late, the jobs mine :laughing: :laughing:
Said I’d do it for £700 Per WEEK and guess what :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Its working in germany apparently berlin its 150 euro a day after tax and you are employed he needs 2 drivers as he has 2 trucks at the moment how can scams go on the government job centre web site.

It seemed legit to me, as for the mobile number lots of management use them instead of a land line, especially if they are out on the jobs themselves.
It’s obviously hauling their own product which is why it pays more than usual.
I can see how you would be sceptical though ! … I once appied for a job with a company called "Dragonfly comunications’ they claimed to be a telephone company and needed a class 1 driver with HIAB experience to deliver to job sites etc. I went for an interview in a small office in Welingborough and bacame suspicious when I was told I as good as had the job because I had traffic office experience. I went home awaiting another call and made sure I didn’t hand in my notice… 4 weeks went by and I gave up waiting then one night the phone rang and it was a lady from Dragonfly, it seems I had the job and could I start in 2 hours ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
First job was to help out Budgens supermarkets with a load, 2 store deliveries !
“Are you trying to be funny ?” I asked, “You keep me waiting all this time then expect me to drop everything to drive for a company that isn’t even the one I applied for ?”
“They are a client” she said.
“Sorry dear, job application withdrawn, I don’t work for what is obviously an agency”
Never heard another word from the scamming gits.

TG recruitment is an agency … just checked :laughing:

i live near tall trees caravan park its lived on by residents in them park homes and has tourers all year round as its near sherwood forest :smiley:

Winseer:
Alarm Bell Issues:

(1) Mobile phone number - no geographic location.
(2) No company address
(3) No specific client mentioned
(4) Vehicle with sleeper cab not specified - rare if it’s to be an 18t I would imagine.
(5) No details of how you get funded whilst away
(6) PAYE/SE not mentioned
(7) “Must have HGV licence” sounds like someone who doesn’t actually have one themselves asking.
(8) £150 day sounds like a round number, rather than the £148.22 which would be more realistic a wage would it not?

Worth investigating further for a genuine job, assuming you can go around to the perm premises for the interview.

For all you know the cargo could be “Fetching legal drugs from Amsterdam for delivery to inner city drop offs throughout the UK”
(You’re “legal” until you enter any country outside of Holland! :laughing: )

place i work for have about 8 18t all sleepers so maybe not as rare as you think

your put up in a hotel :smiley:

I imagine a hiviz vest, a tipper and some wheelbarrows will be involved.

Hope it doesn’t involve going to “Milan” :stuck_out_tongue:

danj:
Its working in germany apparently berlin its 150 euro a day after tax and you are employed he needs 2 drivers as he has 2 trucks at the moment how can scams go on the government job centre web site.

It’s some one based on a ■■■■■ camp. Ollerton is full of them,

It might involve going to Germany, but what you taking over? Stolen machines?

What you bringing back? Probably something stolen…

Who takes the rap? You or gypo joe?

Hmmm?

No ifs. No buts. It’s bent. End of

Just cause its on direct.gov it does not mean it has to be above board…

thelorryist:
It’s some one based on a [zb] camp. Ollerton is full of them…

Tall Trees Caravan Park is in Forest Town, Mansfield isn’t it?

Ollerton is a local town for local people, we’ll have no trouble here…

danj:

The list jobcentres hand out with websites on it are full of websites that run scams. This tells me that JC+ do not vet their adverts very well, any more than newspapers vet the obvious conman ads that go in them, like the “earn £35 as a LGV driver - train today!” type ones we see all the time.

We could really do with a new law as a result of the leveson enquiry that goes along the lines of “It is now illegal to aid and abet a criminal activity via a legit advert in the public domain” I reckon.

If newspapers and the government actually got held to task for running criminal solicitations, then we might get a few less of them in society eh? :smiling_imp: