Some interview/assesment help

after 3 months registering with all and sundry,ive got an interview and assesment drive for a builders merchants.should i suit up, or go in jeans and polo shirt smart and casual any helpfull info appreciated.what are they looking out for on the drive also.

Don’t go suited and booted they’ll think you’re after the gaffers job. Smart casual with everything clean and presentable. As for the drive do it like it’s your test again.

Smart casual and don’t forget to take safety boots, hi-viz vest and hard hat along in the boot of the car.

just happens got boots an hi vis in boot of car ready to go thanks for the info common sense i suppose but thought id ask.after trying every where i got call today so want all to be ok not my ideal job but beggars cant be choosers,was hoping to do a bit of tramping,moneys running out so got to be carefull what i wished for.

Smart casual is the minimum standard + PPE if appropriate. Smart std Jeans are OK but avoid fashion types, workwear trousers are better. Polo shirt or Shirt and Tie are acceptable, plain tee shirts are just ok but no pictures slogans or sleeveless types.

Did a group interview session some years ago, with two of my colleagues we picked out 3 likely candidates based on dress and posture, after a day of interviews an aptitude tests the HR dept picked the same 3. It is true first impressions count.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I went for an interview for a builders merchant a month ago, give them the impression you are interested in the company, do some tinternet research on them for extra brownie points :wink: and when they ask you who you have applied to in the past reel off all the usual suspect builders merchants, Jewsons, Selco TP’s Etc without success , do not make my mistake and say Stobarts et al they will think your heart is set on class 1 only jobs and won’t offer it to you, like they did with me. :wink:

Oh and goodluck mate.

had the assesment drive today thanks for the info all worked out ok he was happy and that was that.didnt have no interview spoke to the manager and that was that.just so happens agency rung for first time yesterday to do a run swansea to bradford and back left at 9 back at 7.30 in a van mind ,maybe a chance of some work there regular anyway cheers for all info.

Deleted because I’ve just noticed that you’ve had the assessment already :blush: