Some Infos about Agency Work?

Do someone have some Informations for me about working as a agency Driver? What should one take into account?
Do the agencies normaly pay overtime rates or extra money for staying outside from homebase?
Have someone maybe some informations about Blue Arrow Agency Bristol?? Someone worked for them in the last years? Is it a good Company to work for?

Thanks for all informations…

Silverwolve:
What should one take into account?.

The lies/bs they talk:mrgreen:

Silverwolve:
Do the agencies normaly pay overtime rates or extra money for staying outside from homebase?.

They try to pay you as little as possible & find ways of trying to cheat you, what’s on paper/agreed isn’t what’ll be in the bank on Friday.

register with at least 2
always check pay rate for job
pester them for work

Iv just stepped outa the agency game, into driving for same company as perm driver. The company stated that im saving them a small fortune, but I am getting a better hourly rate being perm with them. Seems to me the agency are looking after their own intrests, but they are a company that needs to earn £.

I’ve worked for the best connection in Bristol on and off for years. Always looked after me and never fed me bull shine.

But I have known the lad that runs it for the best part of 10 years though

its only their core drivers who get the nights out,i know cos i am in there,apart from that its good work,you could find yourself working up to 15 hrs but that is quite rare,it is pallet and trolly work[flowers]and once you are out of the yard they leave you alone to get on,start times are 5am and 6am usually finishing around 3 and 5 pm,all in all not bad work at all,good bunch of lads too [core as well as agency]but one or two do not like agency drivers but you just ignore them because they are sad individuals,

apologies to you as i misunderstood what i read,you meant homebase as in away from home,i thought you meant the RDC homebase at swindon

There all pretty crap where i am, seem,s you have to lick arse to get anywhere, i don,t do that crap

Agency consultants are warm sensitive human beings, that really care about getting their drivers the best quality jobs at the highest possible rates… :grimacing:

Reality check: The only people agency consultants are interested in are themselves. Take whatever they say ‘with a pinch of salt’ and ignore stupid rhetoric like blue chip, prestige, award winning, ongoing or regular work. The golden rule is never ever give them your home landline number, unless you want to be woken at 3am one morning and be expected to be somewhere in 10 minutes to suit some selfish individual…

Agencies are ran by the type of people ,who make politicians ,bankers,and nigerian scammers look honest…

zeddman:
Agencies are ran by the type of people ,who make politicians ,bankers,and nigerian scammers look honest…

I wonder if it’s a coincidence that the explosion in the numbers of agencies happened at around the same time that every house in Britain finished having double glazing fitted?

Them ex salesman have to go somewhere you know!

zeddman:

Lolz, 10 points for you. :slight_smile:

While I agree you do have to watch what you are doing with agencies if you use them right you can get a lot of work from them and at times to suit you. I have until 2 weeks ago worked for 3 agencies for the last 6 years and never been short of work, but you have to let them know what you want and will do. I would never go to a different firm each day or do short notice calls in middle of the night but would during the day if they paid very well and would never work for less than £10 per hour, once they new that they gave me what I wanted and I have worked at firms with drivers from the same agency for double the pay they are on. Remember they are working for you without you they have nothing so use them.

another1:
Iv just stepped outa the agency game, into driving for same company as perm driver. The company stated that im saving them a small fortune, but I am getting a better hourly rate being perm with them. Seems to me the agency are looking after their own intrests, but they are a company that needs to earn £.

Really? I’d never have guessed.

Thanks for all answers…i had two calls from two agencys but nothings of interest…
First they had Job offers for european work in the Internet, and when they called me they told me only something of national multidrop work regional. And the money wasn´t really acceptable…do they really think driver from germany would work for cheaper Money than british Drivers■■?..