Some information please

hi everybody,
my name is ionut croitoru and I am a Romanian guy who live in uk and I decide to apply for hgv licence(I have driving licence for cars since I am 18 now I am 24) as far as I read over the internet I find out that I have to do first cat C nor hgv class 2 how is called here.i pass the theory test with 97 from 100 and the hazard and perception test with 67(shame on me)from 100.now I find one driving school but still wait for the certificate pass so I can start the training.but I am a bit confused with the initial cpc and next question is how can I apply for adr cause I want to do this.i would b happy if I found anything else.
my dream is to drive international nor tramping how is called here but I don’t know if is any companies who will take beginers:D
thanx you for answear and advice

Hi - and welcome to the forum. Congratualations on passing your theory and hazard perception. You will need to pass Module 2 which is a case studies test at the theory test centre. You can book it in the same way that you booked the other tests. I don’t understand why you haven’t started your training; you don’t need a certificate to do that. You will need to produce your theory test pass letters on test day, possibly. Once youv’e passed your Mod 2 you will need to arrange training and test for Mod 4 - practical demonstration test. Any good trainer will sort this out for you.

I suggest you do ADR once you’ve passed you driving test and Mod 4. THe ADR can often count towards 21 hours of periodic training so you get a double benefit. But this won’t work if you do it too early and you must check with your ADR trainer to make sure it is a cpc course. If you give your location on here, there is a ADR guru, Diesel Dave, who I’m sure will put you in touch with the right place for your ADR.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

hi peter,i want to do it by myself and for me is no rush 'cause I am involved in a big construction site and I wait to finish the job wich is roughly middle of October and after I will be focus on my training and other qualification.now I work 7 from 7 and the time fly.
I live in east London next to blackwall tunnel(London side),any way the school wich I would like to do the training is from outside London somewhere in gillingham and next week I book an appointment with them because I want to see if they are genuine.
kind regards

Try John at Flair Training, Chelmsford.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Flair training is brilliant, they got me through my class C last week. Highly recomend

Bear in mind, the only way to acquire Driver CPC as a new driver is by passing modules two and four of the driving test.

Once you have done that, and hold your DCPC card and your full licence, you can start your periodic training, which you have to do 35 hours of in the five years from the date on which your card was issued.

You can include some ADR training in that, but you need to check that the training you are doing will count towards DCPC.

The ‘test’ part of the ADR course does not count toward DCPC, for instance.

wilko_1988:

Peter Smythe:

Flair training is brilliant, they got me through my class C last week. Highly recomend

Can recommend John @ Flair training as well he is on here

Can you lift heavy weights? :stuck_out_tongue:

Lifting heavy weights it’s not a problem for me :d