Some from my collection

Heres some photos from the company my dad works for, these are ones ive taken and are not the best quality, but hope you enjoy.

This is my favourite truck, a nice MAN TGA.

Great photos, ive not seen that firm before, nice livery though. I agree the MANs do look nice, we had one on rental very nice
to drive with the comfort shift.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

Great looking trucks love the colour scheme

Great Pic’s MAD28 :smiley:

MAD28:
Heres some photos from the company my dad works for, these are ones ive taken and are not the best quality, but hope you enjoy.

Nice photos! I rode past the yard on the train this week and, since I live locally, I was intending to call round with my camera. Was I right in thinking that I saw an F88 and an F7 there too?

excellent trucks and top photos can you get some more.

how are you showing your pics is it through photobucket.

Hi Gardner, yes your correct, he has an F88 and a F7 in his yard, painted in these colours aswell as a F12 GLOBETROTTER but this isnt as old.
Are you interested in the the older trucks then Gardner?

Hi jessicas dad, i dont have that many other photos on the digital camera, but when i take some more i will be more then happy to post them on here for you.
And yes i am showing my pics through Photobucket, is that who you use?

Thanks for all the comments people :smiley: :sunglasses: :smiley:

MAD28:
Hi jessicas dad, i dont have that many other photos on the digital camera, but when i take some more i will be more then happy to post them on here for you.
And yes i am showing my pics through Photobucket, is that who you use?

yes i use photobucket and the msn. but msn is crap because it hardley ever allow to add / delete photos

i found a new one tonight… imagecave.com

MAD28:
Hi Gardner, yes your correct, he has an F88 and a F7 in his yard, painted in these colours aswell as a F12 GLOBETROTTER but this isnt as old.

Yes, I’ve got a 6x2 Gardner-engined Atkinson unit that I took my test in 24 years ago, and which is something of an animal, and also owned an Atkinson Viewline that I had to sell when I moved down to Newbury, as I couldn’t keep it anywhere.

Also, in my previous job, I looked after a fleet of old motors from 1924 to 1974, so that’s where my main interest is. Having said that, the Scania Toplines and Mercedes Atrociouses are what keep the wolf from the door for me!

240 Gardner:

MAD28:

Yes, I’ve got a 6x2 Gardner-engined Atkinson unit that I took my test in 24 years ago, and which is something of an animal, and also owned an Atkinson Viewline that I had to sell when I moved down to Newbury, as I couldn’t keep it anywhere.

Also, in my previous job, I looked after a fleet of old motors from 1924 to 1974, so that’s where my main interest is. Having said that, the Scania Toplines and Mercedes Atrociouses are what keep the wolf from the door for me!

Cool, must be good to have the lorry that you took your test in.

I have this picture below of the F7 that you saw, its got an old Foden recovery lorry on the back, wouldnt have a clue what its called, but thats also down the yard aswell.
I would put a picture of the F88 but i havnt got that on my Digi-cam, but il try and get some for you if you want them. :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

Cool, must be good to have the lorry that you took your test in.

I have this picture below of the F7 that you saw, its got an old Foden recovery lorry on the back, wouldnt have a clue what its called, but thats also down the yard aswell.
I would put a picture of the F88 but i havnt got that on my Digi-cam, but il try and get some for you if you want them. :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

Thank you! Yep, it’s nice to have that link back to my first drive in a lorry at the age of 17, then taking my test in it at 22. I’d like to see some newer ‘drivers’ have a go at it, never mind take their test in it!

I’ll try and get round to PTM over the next couple of weeks with my camera - I trust they’re receptive to strangers turning up with cameras to admire their lorries? The F7 is nice - I’ve always had a soft spot for them, although they struggled a bit at 38 tonnes, especially in the hills where you needed every one of those 16 gears!

We know another F7 that could look like that with a bit of help from it’s owners, don’t we?

marky:
We know another F7 that could look like that with a bit of help from it’s owners, don’t we?

We most certainly do! I remember taking it back down to Crick on a changeover when it was the London shunter, early one morning, with 25 tons (not tonnes) of Heinz Tomato Ketchup on its back - quite a lot for a 224bhp F7. And I do recall that, the anti-roll bar having been removed for weight-saving purposes, some of the lane changes did feel a little bit lively!

Always had a soft spot for no.49 though, and I drove it back from London when we finished vehicle operations there, and it came home to be a local shunter in Skem - Christmas '84 or '85 at a guess