Some Advice Required Please

I am not a full time driver but I occasionally help out a mate by doing a run to Belgium and France when his drivers are on holiday. My main concern is that if stopped I will obviously not be able to produce tachos for the previous 28 days. I have been made aware by reading the forums that I require a letter to explain why I do not have the previous tachos but I am looking for some advice on how the letter should be set out and what it should state as I dont fancy being stopped and fined as I have just been lucky the times before. Any help appreciated.

You will need a company headed letter, saying that ‘for the previous 28 days you have not been driveing for the company or any others’. It may also be worth declaring your regular employment and the hours worked. Alternatively, where applicable, the letter could state that you’ve been on holiday.

Letter of Attestation PDF Format

Letter of Attestation Word Format

Member States are not obliged to require the use of this form, but if a Member State requires a form to be used for the cases foreseen in it, this form will be recognised valid for such purposes.
All the fields in this form must be filled in and it must be signed both by the company representative and by the driver in order to be valid. For self-employed drivers, the driver signs once as the company and once as the driver.
The text of the form may not be modified.
Only the signed original is valid.
It may be printed on paper containing the company logo and contact details, but the fields containing the company information must also be filled in.

Hope that helps.

Thanks very much for the replies, the forms you sent have been excellant Coffeeholic they will give me piece of mind next time I go. Cheers :smiley:

I got nicked for no 28 days attestation form to prove the last 28 days in Irun,Basque,had my wings clipped for 7 days,stuck at the Autogrill park.Before i shipped out i demanded a form from the boss,of which he supplied,but part of was hand written,and the cops were correct in saying NOT VALID,and open to fraudulent use by changing the dates.It has to done on the computer with no biro on it.Fine was 2301 euros,which included no permit for a load that had slid across the flat bed by 30 cms,a large shipping winch from Algecerias.Day before i had to pay on my visa for a crane from burgos to relocate the winch,which moved again.Told to take 300 euros a day from tthe ATM,and use the running money to pay the fine.
I was refunded when back in the UK.The basque have no grey areas,if you are wrong,thats it,they have you by the gooleys,accept it.That week i got to know San Sebastion very well riding on the buses,as never had the time when in the wagon and no parking there too.
Went to pay the fine,saw queues of foreign drivers with bundles of cash for fines at the cop shop,Portuguese driver nicked for the orange signs,that say “Veiculo Longo”,that were not bright enough,prob done for contsruction and use,i guess.

toby1234abc:
for a load that had slid across the flat bed by 30 cms,a large shipping winch from Algecerias.Day before i had to pay on my visa for a crane from burgos to relocate the winch,which moved again.

Not very professional that Toby :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: just thought I would mention it before the holier than thou brigade see it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

why did it keep on moving ?

The winch was not a “wide load” when i picked it up,until heading up to the Santander ferry,where it moved going the centre of Burgos,had all the lateral/forward/aft restraint chains,until one broke.Crane to move it,then the dam thing shifted again,before the peage where the cherry caps were waiting.The permit they wanted had to be in basque,and the agent faxed one through from Victoria.They sent a driver down,who said i should not have loaded it from the new floating gas rig refinery,in the small town outside of Algcerias.

I wonder did they remember to put wood underneath it ■■?

No chocks available at the refinery,so tied down all the movement areas with what was available.Omni-directional movement from lateral/forward/aft shift.

Chocks not necessary, just place a couple of planks underneath to increase friction as the metal of the winch would have slid easily on the metal stris that run between the planks of wood in the floor, placing a couple of planks sideways underneath the winch will stop that happening so easily

Dunnage is what the raf use for the aircraft,looking back should have gone to buy/borrow some wood.Red caps made a bit of commision when they saw me coming through the peage.Felt the load slide through the seat of my pants in Burgos,knew trouble was in store.Garage owner helped me out to phone some Grua companies,but one of his relatives was in the Guardia Civil,and was going to phone him if i left the petrol station.Boss could have wired direct transfer to the Red caps,via Western Union,theres an office and agents in Irun. :confused:

Toby some ARM would be a help as well mate,as well as the chains
wood and straps,