some advice please

im having a bit of trouble and could do with some advice, ive been off work since before xmas due to being ill due to an accident i had. now ive been passed fit for work and this week phoning round ive had a few offers of permanent work but sorry now self employed.

im not a cowboy and have everything in place except insurance which ive tried to get back cant due to only being me in the company.

now with the climate the way it is do you think i should say stuff the self employed bit and go back paye or hang it out. also how would going back paye affect my tax and ni being self employed.

it was the same last year on the agency i got offered a few jobs with the clients but when ive gone back self employed they dont want to know. :neutral_face: :confused:

jessicas dad:
im having a bit of trouble and could do with some advice, ive been off work since before xmas due to being ill due to an accident i had. now ive been passed fit for work and this week phoning round ive had a few offers of permanent work but sorry now self employed.

im not a cowboy and have everything in place except insurance which ive tried to get back cant due to only being me in the company.

now with the climate the way it is do you think i should say stuff the self employed bit and go back paye or hang it out. also how would going back paye affect my tax and ni being self employed.

it was the same last year on the agency i got offered a few jobs with the clients but when ive gone back self employed they dont want to know. :neutral_face: :confused:

JD, first of all, you ain`t self-employed, your a director of your own company, your paid as an employee, so you can either “hang on in there”, and wait for easter, and things picking up [which they will do], or, liquidate the business.

Eitherway, as a “freelancer”, your stuck between a rock and a hard place, the “AWR” is the problem, too many companies havent got clue regarding what is legal, and what isnt, and seem terrified of using freelancers like yourself.

It ain`t going to be easy, whatever you choose to do, for the next 12/24 months, not whilst the banks have the dosh, and, as at present, no inclination to lend to anybody !!!

Depends on your personal circumstances mate i know you got a young family and if the job is decent and your happy with the cash do that but if you got work in the pipeline and can see it panning out stick at it. If you do decide to go paye your accountant could sort out the paperwork easily enough.
If you do decide to stay self employed I think diversification could help and I know where there’s a lovley MAN you could buy at a good price :smiley: :smiley:

Why can’t you get public liability insurance? Should only be a couple of hundred quid per year for 5 million of cover. Can you not go ltd company? No big deal going back PAYE, just start doing it, better than not working…

Silver_Surfer:
Why can’t you get public liability insurance? Should only be a couple of hundred quid per year for 5 million of cover. Can you not go ltd company? No big deal going back PAYE, just start doing it, better than not working…

yes public liability isnt the issue i was meaning driver negligance, im already a ltd company.

i didnt know if going back paye would stuff up my accounts for this year and would it affect my company or would i just pay what i owe and leave it dormant.

kr79:
If you do decide to stay self employed I think diversification could help and I know where there’s a lovley MAN you could buy at a good price :smiley: :smiley:

considering you want out after a couple of months… thanks but no thanks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not necaceraly out but there are a few things on the back burner that could mean a change of plan :wink: :smiley:

I think you could just pay what you owe for the ltd company and leave it dormant and just pay your tax normally on PAYE. Don’t quote me on that though.

No reason you can’t be PAYE and have a self employed/ltd company job, you can have as many jobs as you want i’d have thought.

If your ltd you should be paye anyway so how should it stuff it up…■■ just get a bloody job and stop been a Big woosie man, get a grip of yourself

globby 480:
If your ltd you should be paye anyway so how should it stuff it up…■■ just get a bloody job and stop been a Big woosie man, get a grip of yourself

■■■■ off daz.

If you are a “Limited” company you should be PAYE anyway.

Do you have Employers Liability insurance, if so you may be able to claim against it for your accident.
I know this may sound odd but a Limited company is an Entity all of its own even though you are the only employee.

Should you decide to close the company down depending on how long you have worked for “it” and what assets it has you may be able to make yourself redundant and claim some money from the “Redundancy Payments Office”.

Hope this is of some help . :sunglasses:

annitram:
If you are a “Limited” company you should be PAYE anyway.

Do you have Employers Liability insurance, if so you may be able to claim against it for your accident.
I know this may sound odd but a Limited company is an Entity all of its own even though you are the only employee.

Should you decide to close the company down depending on how long you have worked for “it” and what assets it has you may be able to make yourself redundant and claim some money from the “Redundancy Payments Office”.

Hope this is of some help . :sunglasses:

Jessicas blouse claim redundacy :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: , dont think he has ever held any job long enough to even think about claiming redundacy… :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: