Some advice please.

Good morning all. I am going tramping soon and need some advice. My wagon is a Volvo FH 63 plate. Does anyone know if it’s got a fridge or a cooler in it? I have bought the electric cooler you plug into the cigarette lighter socket just in case.

Also when parked up, with phone charger, portable dvd player and possibly electric coolbox going, will I need to keep my engine running at all so not too drain the batteries?

Thanks in advance.

Godzilla41:
Also when parked up, with phone charger, portable dvd player and possibly electric coolbox going, will I need to keep my engine running at all so not too drain the batteries?

The electronic devices will be fine for as long as you like, they put very little drain on the battery. If the batteries are in good condition the cool box should be fine to run all night, although you might find the fan noise annoying.

That’s great thanks. I’m going to check the unit tomorrow as I’m sure they have a built in fridge under the bunk that slides out, in which case the electric coolbox isn’t necessary.

Thanks

Godzilla41:

There’s no real need…

To charge yer phone and DVD player up overnight if you leave them plugged in all day. If you’re worried about a flat battery in the morning then, charge everything during the day whilst yer engine is revving happily and leave the minimum amount of gadgets plugged in overnight.

Ok cheers what about when I’m parked up with reegarding having a TV on, game console, use of microwave and kettle? Am I right in thinking just put the engine on for when using the microwave/kettle or can I leave it off all night and be good to go the next morning? Cheers

Godzilla41:
Ok cheers what about when I’m parked up with reegarding having a TV on, game console, use of microwave and kettle? Am I right in thinking just put the engine on for when using the microwave/kettle or can I leave it off all night and be good to go the next morning? Cheers

Yep if your inverter is like mine and has a low voltage cut out function
Mine cuts out at 23v

If still working for same company then it will have a fridge / freezer under the bunk ask Martin to help with the inverter unless you can do it yourself

My inverter is only small ( 800 w was in cab when I took over ) works d=fine without engine on

There are a lot of decent guy there so if in doubt don’t be afraid to ask them

Good luck

Yeah same company. Cheers