Microwaves
Televisions
Kettles
The lorry I’m going to have has got a inverter fitted also a fridge
Any help will be appreciated thanks

Asda £35 jobie or a Daewood qt
Kettle Russel hobbs travel kettle
TV chelo 12/24 tv

Microwave = Daewoo QT-1 compact enough to fit in a top locker, but big enough to fit a full size plate in. Domestic kettles tend to be 1.7ltr but you can get 1ltr “hotel” kettles online from catering suppliers that are ideal for the truck

First question would be to find out what sort of inverter and what wattage it is.

They come in modified sine wave and pure sine wave. Ideally you want pure sine for microwaves and other complex electrics but they are more expensive (basic microwaves might run on modified). Not sure about modern TVs. Kettles won’t care.

Secondly, find out what the “continuous wattage” is as this is the absolute max it can cope with for minutes or hours. A lot list really high “peak wattage” but can only do that for a second or two else will tripout.

Once you know that you’ll know what electrics you can run. Best advice seems to be to only load them to half the rated max continuous if possible, so for a 3000W inverter running it up to 2000W would be best. Just keeps the heat down.

I assume this is being wired into the battery not running off the cig lighter?

Kettles - get the travel type and be very careful about the wattages. Most domestic are 1500 to 2000w so could fry anything less than a 3000W continuous inverter. 24v ones are useless.

Microwave - just remember, the wattage on the package is output so a 800w microwave will likely pull 1500w. Have seen plenty of people blow inverters getting that wrong.

TV - looked at 24v ones and they are as expensive as regular ones. If its a fancy one then see note about pure sine as most electronics will prefer that.

Moonraker aerials seem to get a few upvotes assuming you have a metal surface to stick it to. Alternatively get a smart TV / USB stick like Amazon Firestick and an unlimited data plan on 3 (assuming you can get a signal).

What does it matter? Everything is made in China, no way one make is better than the other. If it says “Made in the EU” it may be put together in the EU/UK but 100% of the components are still chinese. Just buy the lowest priced stuff you can find.

Thanks for all your replies [emoji106]

Regarding tv,most of them are actually 12v anyway .there is a dropper /tranformer, call it what you will in the power lead .you just need the correct lead to plug straight into ciggie socket

Just buy a normal TV and use an inverter, far cheaper than the 24v tv’s

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The “Hotel” kettle I mentioned is a “caterlite CL186” which is 1000w-1200w kettle for £11-£13 online
nisbets.co.uk/caterlite-hot … ttle/cl186

peirre:
The “Hotel” kettle I mentioned is a “caterlite CL186” which is 1000w-1200w kettle for £11-£13 online
nisbets.co.uk/caterlite-hot … ttle/cl186

Thanks for that mate I’ve just ordered one[emoji106]

blue estate:

gazsa401:
Good afternoon
I’m returning to tramping after 18 years
I’m looking for advice on which are best
Microwaves
Televisions
Kettles
The lorry I’m going to have has got a inverter fitted also a fridge
Any help will be appreciated thanks

Asda £35 jobie or a Daewood qt
Kettle Russel hobbs travel kettle
TV chelo 12/24 tv

Sorry to come across as thick but with the Chelo TV do I need a portable aerial?
Cheers

I think he means “Cello” brand of TVs, iirc theyre actually part of the old Ferguson brand, I have the Cello C20230FT2, which is a 12v/240v 20" TV/DVD with freeview, USB, HDMI etc, I have a 12v DTV-1000 moonraker aerial to go with it moonraker.eu/dtv-1000, you can buy B grade moonraker cheap

peirre:
I think he means “Cello” brand of TVs, iirc theyre actually part of the old Ferguson brand, I have the Cello C20230FT2, which is a 12v/240v 20" TV/DVD with freeview, USB, HDMI etc, I have a 12v DTV-1000 moonraker aerial to go with it moonraker.eu/dtv-1000, you can buy B grade moonraker cheap

I’ve bought a Cello TV mate so thanks for your help again [emoji106]