Sole trader jobs

I’m having an absolute nightmare trying to get work as a self employed sole trader I have a van in fedex and want to do class 1 work but I’m hitting a wall everywhere I go any one advise on this thx

is it only me that’s trying to work out exactly what the specific question is that your wanting an answer to?

dieseldog999:
is it only me that’s trying to work out exactly what the specific question is that your wanting an answer to?

You n me both a bit confused by this. Is the OP asking about being a self-employed agency driver on class 1 whilst still doing van driving, I wonder? Maybe he`ll come back to his thread and clarify things?

Just to clarify guys I’m a self employed sole trader recently passed my class 1 and adr and I’m trying to get class 1 work but keep getting told I need to be umbrella or Ltd so would have to be paye but I messes up my tax as I’m employing a guy to run my van in fedex I can’t go Ltd as my company name has been taken at company house and I’ve been trading under the same name for 9 years and a nightmare to change everything

Too complicated for me! Have you got an accountant working for you though? Good ones will be an investment, saving more than they cost.

You can just start another ltd company but it’s a sad state of affairs when a lorry driver has to become a ltd company to find work.

My son will be filing his accounts in holland for his paper round next

Would it not be bet tax wise moving the van to the ltd company as tax breaks could be better. Do not go umbrella best thing to so would be to bring the van and driving in to the ltd company. But do see an accountant before doing anything