Solar Panel Farm building sites

Are they all run by crazy Italians?

Been sat from 09.30 to 14.30 just to get on site for a delivery booked for 10am.

Reason being the first two deliveries got stuck. Looking at the site it’s no surprise - it’s like I imagine the Somme in WW1.

The “goods in” area is about a 6 inch deep mud pit with some of it going even deeper.

And to cap it off a site manager who whilst acting as the most smartly dressed banksman I’ve ever seen, gives you directions that put you into a irretrievable mess.

I swear the only reason I got out of there is by saying I was turning around with half the load on to keep weight on the drive axle and by completely ignoring the idiot and doing my own thing.

Is this unusual? I actually miss RDC’s at this minute.

Sorry wrong forum - can a MOD swap it to the general one please!

We get it all the time mate you tell them about site access when we need to get cranes on to position transformers eight out of ten times we leave site and they still have to pay for the crane they never learn one site we went back three times to try to get in plus the Dutch trucks with the transformers must cost them a fortune would surely be better to do the access right first time

From what iv witnessed its italians or spaniards.

We take the transformers to a lot solar farms always muddy never well organised access often not suitable for the buildings up to 3.5 m wide normally run by Germans with Romanian labour

We’ve been doing Solar Farms over the last couple of years, delivering the reels of cable & every one has been a PITA, long single track access roads, covered in slippery mud (or dust when it’s dry) silly little gates to negotiate, 6 inches of mud to slosh through when being unloaded & lots of Spaniards with a ‘Manyana’ attitude.
Haven’t done one for a while, Thank God, I understand that all the Government Subsidies have finished, so the Farmers/Land Owners can’t keep jumping on the Gravy Train.