Software for Digital Tachos

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I can’t find anything after a quick search. Please could someone advise me as to the best software to purchase for downloading information from a digi-tacho to my pc. I am purchasing two vehicles with digi-tachos this week, have the digi-driver cards and company card but don’t know what is the best software to use. I’ve seen Globofleet advertised which looks quite good and obviously Tachodisc do something similar. Any advice would be most welcome. Thank you.

I use the items from Tachdisc. Its a digidown which can be used for both VU and driver cards. Go on the tachodisc website and you can get a starter pack with basic instructions but it does take a bit of sorting out!!

What trucks are you getting?

James

Hi James
Thanks for the information - I’ll check out their website.
Thanks also to Phil - I tried to PM you but I’m not sure that it was sent.
I’m purchasing two Mercedes 1836 drawbar units.
Thanks
Peter

PM received thanks! :smiley:

we have AS24 fuel cards, you can download the digi card away from home at tak & drive sites, AS24 send the info direct to your office computer, and you can download the software for free.

I use Easytac, which is fairly simple to use, keeps the basic information you need and has no ongoing charges :wink:

there was a thread about other software in the PDF recently

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77236

Thanks for your answers.

Limney Phil - we have AS24 fuel cards. Which website allows you to download the software for free please?

Moonraker:
Thanks for your answers.

Limney Phil - we have AS24 fuel cards. Which website allows you to download the software for free please?

as24.com/As24/as24-Website.n … enDocument

Denis F:
I use Easytac, which is fairly simple to use, keeps the basic information you need and has no ongoing charges :wink:

there was a thread about other software in the PDF recently

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77236

Yes, I’ve been using that software (GloboFleet Card Control) for a short time now with no probs. It’s just that it doesn’t know how to deal with tacho data set to the “Sleeping Off The Christmas Cheer” mode! :laughing:

Merry Christmas all!

Hi Moonraker!

I responded to your PM, but thought that this could help others too, and although I’m not the tachograph expert here, here goes …

As the fleet operator, you need (1) a smart card reader to read your driver cards; (2) a data transfer device for the VU (the Siemens tachographs); (3) software to manage the transfers and archiving; and (4) a Windows PC with USB connector.

There seem to be two GloboFleet kits that would do that job: Starter Set Optimal DK or Starter Mobilset DK - the difference is the type of card reader (desktop vs pocket size).

Both of them have the Card Control Plus software, which does the management and achiving, but on top of that also lets you analyse infringements with a view to identifying them and changing habits before the long arm of the law fines and forces you to!

I hope that helps! Good luck!
Richdad

Thanks Richdad

I’ve just placed my order with Globofleet. I sent them an e-mail last night and received a personal response by e-mail this morning explaining the software required. Most professional.

I did contact Tachopak and although the woman who I spoke to was very helpful, their costs seem to be about £70.00 + VAT dearer for the same/similar software.

All help has been much appreciated

Peter