Soft stop actros/acton

The vehicles at work have “soft stop” or what ever its called ie when your close to the dock it dumps the air so you cant go back any further (brakes come on) untill you hold your foot on the brake pedal for a set period of time then it lets you reverse upto the dock. idea being you dont smash the back of the truck into the dock.

However when reversing out in the world its a pain in the neck as it suddenly dumps the air even if nothing is close behind (more than 10 feet at times). even if you go through the procedure of holding your foot on the brake it will only let you move about a foot before it dumps the air again. at this point you have to pull forward and start again which 9/10 times isnt practical. It still does it even if you have cleaned the sensors

i did think it was somthing i was doing wrong (still kinda do) But i spoke to a shunter and the workshop and they both said yeah its annoying try doing it 50 times a night.

Has anyone come across this and how did you solve it

Take the ABS lead off prior to reversing. You’re welcome :wink:

the maoster:

Good luck doing that on a rigid :wink:

P.S I keep looking out for you at my gaff but I’ve not seen you yet.

cooper1203:
The vehicles at work have “soft stop” or what ever its called ie when your close to the dock it dumps the air so you cant go back any further (brakes come on) untill you hold your foot on the brake pedal for a set period of time then it lets you reverse upto the dock. idea being you dont smash the back of the truck into the dock.

However when reversing out in the world its a pain in the neck as it suddenly dumps the air even if nothing is close behind (more than 10 feet at times). even if you go through the procedure of holding your foot on the brake it will only let you move about a foot before it dumps the air again. at this point you have to pull forward and start again which 9/10 times isnt practical. It still does it even if you have cleaned the sensors

i did think it was somthing i was doing wrong (still kinda do) But i spoke to a shunter and the workshop and they both said yeah its annoying try doing it 50 times a night.

Has anyone come across this and how did you solve it

A device…

Designed by someone who has clearly never reversed a lorry in their life.

toonsy:

the maoster:

Rigid? I never claimed that my plan was without flaws! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Are you in our yard at Bedworth? I was in there yesterday as it happens, stealing an empty trailer (they’re like rocking horse ■■■)

the maoster:

toonsy:

the maoster:

Rigid? I never claimed that my plan was without flaws! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Are you in our yard at Bedworth? I was in there yesterday as it happens, stealing an empty trailer (they’re like rocking horse ■■■)

No I’m full time on directly with Tesco out if frozen at DIRFT. However they do keep asking for drivers at Bedworth as aparently theyre short so they look for volunteers to

A - Drive a rigid for the day instead of a proper lorry.

B - Conduct around 17 drops in said van in a day.

I don’t think anyone has volunteered yet. They did ask me the other day but when inlooked at the run and uts many drops in central Birmingham I declined.

Plus there’s some issue where we can’t drive their trucks due to insurance or something as we’re not employed by them.

Seems to me to be a simple use of the “anyone given permission to drive by company representative” clause often found in large fleet insurance but heyvthats not for me to sort.

It’s a cop out ain’t it? Absolutely anyone is insured to drive any company vehicle provided that they meet the criteria re age, license etc. so that’s just management speak for “I’m not sure, I’m not capable or willing to make a decision so I’ll just say no”.

I’ll keep my eyes open when I’m in Dav next. My reg is MOA funnily enough :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
It’s a cop out ain’t it? Absolutely anyone is insured to drive any company vehicle provided that they meet the criteria re age, license etc. so that’s just management speak for “I’m not sure, I’m not capable or willing to make a decision so I’ll just say no”.

I’ll keep my eyes open when I’m in Dav next. My reg is MOA funnily enough :smiley: :smiley:

I believe the system is designed to stop the usual assortment of plant pots walking behind a reversing truck and getting run over.

We have the system fitted to all our vehicles and its ■■■■■■ the mouth breathing imbeciles that lots of big companies employ just keep the idiotic neanderthal foot on the go pedal resulting in said asset being smashed into the bay pointless really when most trucks have rear facing cameras.