So who's met an ESL driver who isn't a cunt worth torching?

This forum to me seems to be an ESL hating mob, whats the deal? has everybody come across total ■■■■■■■ in the Green shirt?
I make no secret of it, I work for the Haulage Nazis (my own pet name :wink: ), its a job, I try my best, I take pride in my truck.

The name on the side of the cab means ■■■■ to me, the money in my bank, to finance the things that matter in life, is by FAR the greater deal!
I’m just a hard working ■■■■ like the rest of us mugs doing this job, I came here with a view to glean information & help from the community but given what I read (but never experience to my face funnily enough, no matter where I go) its seems the drivers are as hated as the company.

I’m actually proud of working for them, a large british company doing well in hard times, hard decisions made - I’ve been on the thick end of some myself - contracts won at others expense, well, thats “logistics” in 2012 alas, but Green “flash” Scannys & retarded TV show (and “Numpty for the camera” drivers) does not mean the vast (imo) majority of ESL drivers are not hard working grafters, taking a bit of pride & trying to do a good job like what I reckon is still (surprisingly) the majority of british truckers.

I’m 41 and have been driving longer than I care to remember, this place has forgot its own tagline, “BY DRIVERS FOR DRIVERS” the next time you see one of us Green ■■■■■, just try to remember we are drivers, just like you. Its a job, remember?

I may follow this thread, I sadly doubt I can be arsed to given what I expect the wrath to probably follow.

■■■■ ing shame lads! Adios.

Why have you let some fat truckers on the internet ruin your weekend?

I think it’s the esl haters who always post on the esl threads. The vast majority of people myself included, couldn’t give a toss either way so don’t say anything atall.

I worked casual for 2years in leeds till it was shut i loved it on nights working there

i think the program hasnt helped,painting a picture which just isnt true, they need to put some real stobart drivers on the thing and show what it really like out there untill then i think you all will be tarred with the same brush which is wrong i know

Don’t worry about it mate. If you’re enjoying your job then ■■■■ what anybody else thinks or says. And as said before, don’t let the minority of constant moaners on here spoil for you what is a great website for lorry drivers. :wink:

I thought ESL was Edwin Shirley Limited?

There are good,bad and idiot drivers in every company so dont bother yourself by what is said here,if you enjoy the job and wage thats all that matters,I work for Samworth Brothers and we always get the mickey took out of us for wearing ties,it doesnt bother me as I have one of the easiest truck jobs ever,good benefits and job security and earn more than most drivers elsewhere

I thought the guy on last nights show who came running round to tell the planner his trailer brakes were on was probably one of the good guys who just gets on with the job no hassle, unfortunately that wouldn’t make good tv…

Well, no wrath up to this point - and none from me either.

I was chatting with one of your colleagues recently over a cuppa; a nice guy with a good sense of humour. There are good and bad everywhere.

Nice as he was, I wouldn’t have paid for an autographed photo though :slight_smile: .

Andy smg:
Don’t worry about it mate. If you’re enjoying your job then [zb] what anybody else thinks or says. And as said before, don’t let the minority of constant moaners on here spoil for you what is a great website for lorry drivers. :wink:

+1

Why do you care?

Even if some people don’t like the company, so what? This is i’m sure the case with every big company, I wouldn’t say they dislike the drivers, they may have an axe to grind against the company for some reason. ESL just has the highest profile so attracts the most comment.

Don’t take it so personally. I’m not bothered either way about Stobarts and that’s from someone who has lost haulage work to them in the past.

I hold my hands up, I’m surprised (thus far! :smiling_imp: ) at the comments, please don’t think I’m crying in my Frosties this morning :laughing: , I guess I decided to vent! :blush:
I appreciate ESL being the big one , thus the target, but some of the comments do hack me off (clearly!!)

I hope the haters do make the distinction between the drivers and the company, equally, I hope you all don’t deem me some kind of ■■■■ for daring to say that I am actually proud to work there (despite the way things sometimes are done & have been done to others in the past) I’m not exactly the next Mr Dixon (nice lad that he is, I assure you all!!)

I think & hope my faith in TruckNet is a little restored! :neutral_face:

I worked for stobarts three years ago based at Goole tramping.Its the company and planners i dont like not the drivers,its not their fault the way the company is run.However if i were you i wouldnt let it bother me whats the point.Everyone is entitled to an opinion and if you dont like whats been wrote just dont read it.My uncle bought the box sets of the programme and was suprised when i said its nothing like what stobarts is really like!

Anybody willing to drive an artic for shelf fillers money deserves all the flak that comes their way! Stobarts and others like them are what’s killing the game for drivers. But you carry on being proud or not giving a ■■■■ what the name on the side is. Wear the ELF outfit with pride… :laughing:

Harold, If you stick your head above the parapet, be prepared to lose an eye!

The TV programme has done your lot absolutely no favours, it has done for lorry drivers what Peter Sutcliffe did.

I don’t really give a crap, but wish all the loveys would not start a new thread every time someone swaps trailers.

I have never met a stobbie driver but i do have a opinion of them, it is the stobbie management that OP should be ranting at for allowing their drivers to be portrayed in the way they have been on television
Not having met one my opinion is based on stobbies portrayol of their staff

Most of you ARE ■■■■■!!..i usually keep it to myself to be honest but seeing that you have started a new thread about it i might as well not disappoint.
The programme is awful and as has been said before,done you lot no favours whatsoever.
most of the time in my experience in Tesco waiting prisons you lot walk round like your ■■■■ dont stink with a bag of chips on your shoulders in your darts players uniforms moaning like ■■■■ about everyone else and giving it large.
I have met a couple of reasonably normal Stobart drivers,but mostly en masse,you are just a bunch of moaning ■■■■■■ bellends. :wink:
You lot aren’t the be all and end all centre of the transport universe and the sooner you realise that,the better for everyone!!

chester:
Why have you let some fat truckers on the internet ruin your weekend?

This
[zb] em ! :wink:

Bikemonkey:
Most of you ARE [zb]!!..i usually keep it to myself to be honest but seeing that you have started a new thread about it i might as well not disappoint.
The programme is awful and as has been said before,done you lot no favours whatsoever.
most of the time in my experience in Tesco waiting prisons you lot walk round like your [zb] dont stink with a bag of chips on your shoulders in your darts players uniforms moaning like [zb] about everyone else and giving it large.
I have met a couple of reasonably normal Stobart drivers,but mostly en masse,you are just a bunch of moaning [zb] bellends. :wink:

dont break it to him gently,say what you really think :smiley: