So who made the descion to flog email adresses on here

I have noticed i have been gettin copious amounts of junk email from the owners or part owner’s of this site REED wot ever it is,

I think it bang out order there using this site to try premote there adverts etc if wanted to buy comercial motor etc i’d go shop and get it don;t need them fillin my email account with there advertisements.

My question is Why has it been allowed and members on here should been asked if it what we wanted,

Im sure i not the only person ■■■■■■ off with gettin these emails from 3rd partys now assosiated with this site

Well I’ve got to say I haven’t received any junk mail at all that I could trace back to my registration to TNUK. Plus I can’t say for sure that I’ve ever seen it brought up before. I’m sure if you send a personal message to Rikki or admin they might be able to stop it happening. :astonished: :astonished:

I’ve never had spam from anyone connected with this site, I’ve just checked my spam folder and there’s nothing in there either.

No offence m8 but could you have given your email address to another site that could have connections with the spam you’re receiving.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I have never recieved any “junk” emails from “Reed” :open_mouth:

Sure they aint got it from somewhere else, and actually why did you not discuss this matter PRIVATELY with a moderator.

Think you may have made a mistake! :question:

never had anything personally. Must be another Reed you are signed up with!

Me either

I agree with everyone else.

I’ve had nothng from Reed,and I’ve been on this site for what seems like an eternity.

Ken.

ive never had any spam either :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

When the site first started they informed people about the @truckmail web addresses unfortunately they dont exist any more so I hopeI never forget my password !!!.

The good thing about it is I suppose is I never get any spam cos thanks to tnuk I cant check it.

never had any spam from Reed either :slight_smile:

Nor me or my wife

I’ve haven’t received any spam e-mail from Reed either.

I DO receive the occasional e-mail about posts being made on a particular topic which I may want to keep an eye on. I’ll have marked that topic to trigger an e-mail being sent when a post is made.

In your personal profile, in the preferences section there are a pair of radio buttons next to an option called - Always notify me of replies: , if the yes button is highlighted, then you’ll get an e-mail notifying you of posts on every topic you post on. If this is what you’re getting, just change that setting.

If it’s offers of services from the Reed Group, then it’s possible you either ticked a box, or failed to tick a box in the form you completed when joining the site.
(There didn’t used to be, but we weren’t part of the Reed Group when I joined)
If they are offers of services from the Reed Group, I’m sure that if you notify them through the contact link which is usually at the bottom of spam type e-mails as the Reed Group is a legitimate business, not a spamer making money from sending spam, your wishes will be complied with.

Let us know on this thread if your still getting spam from the Reed Group.
I personally cannot do anything, but if your still having trouble, I’m sure one of the Admins will look into it and solve your problem.

Can you send me a copy of this mail you received…

Reed Business do NOT have access to your e-mail addresses, they are held on a server not owned by RBI and RBI staff do not have any access to that.

The only way to send a e-mail to you is via this forum platform, and no-one at RBI except me has that access, and I certainly didnt send it.

Have you entered any of the RBI competitions/surveys and not clicked the opt out button? because that is the only way your e-mail address can possibly be on an RBI mailing list.

Also any mail you recieved from RBI should have an opt out message on it, so you can easily opt back out of the list.

jammymutt:
When the site first started they informed people about the @truckmail web addresses unfortunately they dont exist any more so I hopeI never forget my password !!!.

The good thing about it is I suppose is I never get any spam cos thanks to tnuk I cant check it.

Jammymutt

Truckmail was a service provided by Truck.Net (USA) if you have any questions regarding it they are the people to talk to, unfortunatly it is nothing to do with RBI or TruckNet Uk in its current form

i also joined before the take over so rules out any option of needing tick boxes bud,

I have not entered any comps etc run rick as there not my seen unfortunatly i no longer have the email as i ditched as spam but will forward any more i get to you,

I have checked all option boxes and i have no email notfications set,

I appologise for sum my rant was bit ott readin it back but was a bad day yesterday

it sounds more like the ■■■■■■ seller or BVLGARIAN watch sellers have got hold of your address book and are sending you adverts using Reed as the sender.

I get large amounts of Russian shotputters (girls) offering me nights of illicit ■■■ and marriage. the cheeky mares even use my own email address to send it to me :smiley:

Rikki-UK:

jammymutt:

Jammymutt

Truckmail was a service provided by Truck.Net (USA) if you have any questions regarding it they are the people to talk to, unfortunatly it is nothing to do with RBI or TruckNet Uk in its current form

Will you say that about rbi one day when they are
a thing of the past?.

Sorry mate times change nothing to do with us any more…