So who are the owners

…of this website who didn’t realise they were dealing with a canteen full of lorry drivers with their ruff 'n ready humour and down to earth views?

I don’t really know but it’s been very useful for myself as a new c2 pass and many thanks to them for running it.

Sounds like someone needs to join one of the many trucker facebook groups, you can be as ‘rough and ready’ as you like there.

I think Commercial Motor/Truck and Driver,are the owners, i know they were part of IPC corps… dont know other than that.

It was a labour of love at the beginning but since the media got involved and accountants said “you need more members” it’s gone downhill.

It’s like a social club with a committee, ■■■■ up decision

My thoughts too H…but i think Rikki said that the extra help would keep T/N afloat…or something like that…the means to an end and all that .

Reef:
Sounds like someone needs to join one of the many trucker facebook groups, you can be as ‘rough and ready’ as you like there.

No it sounds like somebody asking why a business corporation would be surprised by the not unusual behaviour one might expect from this socio-economic group.

“By drivers, for drivers”…

Yeah right. Providing to conform to the sanitised version that the “owners” wish to portray to sell their publications, maintain their sponsors and, more importantly, not upset any of the big logistics companies by drivers posting their own personal experiences that make the employer look bad.

This place is largely just another market place for certain publications and recruitment agencies to ply their wares.

I would happily pay a monthly amount to be a member here, if it meant getting shot of the corporate ownership…but how many others would do the same?
At the end of the day, it costs money to run a forum like this…not to mention the time that Admins put in…

■■■■■, exactly couldn’t agree more. “By drivers, for drivers”…

We have the equivalent of this site here in France, “Fierdetreroutiers.com” and AndrewG has said that he visits similar sites in Spain. There are no sponsors on ours, can’t comment on the Spanish sites, Andrew needs to say

TiredAndEmotional:
…of this website who didn’t realise they were dealing with a canteen full of lorry drivers with their ruff 'n ready humour and down to earth views?

Not sure if something gone on that I’m not aware of, I know that Eagerbeaver seems to have been banned, not sure what for as although he is pretty straight to the point, I don’t think he’s one of those spoiling this website for me, but the rules have been here for many years and are pretty simple and still have allowed pretty robust discussion in the past.
But recently this forum has seemed to attract posters whose sole objective is to troll, annoy and generally be as disruptive as possible, without any interest in positive contributions to the forum. In times past if they did the same in your average Café, they’d probably be taken outside so somebody could explain the error of their ways, but here they can continue being disruptive, although in reality these people probably wouldn’t say anything controversial to somebody’s face, but are happy to do it in the safe in the anonymity of the internet.
Personally I don’t post much these days, seems pointless as you watch thread after thread hijacked by these people or they start their own in the hope it will trigger a reaction.

First off to answer the OPs question the owners details are on the site HERE

I know that Eagerbeaver seems to have been banned,

Inaccurate I am afraid - no-one has been banned

But recently this forum has seemed to attract posters whose sole objective is to troll, annoy and generally be as disruptive as possible, without any interest in positive contributions to the forum.

Which is why steps have been taken to assist those members who struggle to understand that this website is not Facebook. for those who desire the more ribald banter, urine extracting and perusing of scantily clad models there are plenty of groups out there that cater for this. we encourage you to use them for the purpose they were set up for and use this site for what it is intended.

since the media got involved and accountants said “you need more members” it’s gone downhill.

Actually the websites stance on the quality of posting expected and the civility we expect members to show each other has always been the same, What has changed is that Facebook became a thing where its far more of a free for all and many mistakenly believe that that sort of posting behaviour is acceptable here.

Rikki-UK:
First off to answer the OPs question the owners details are on the site HERE

I know that Eagerbeaver seems to have been banned,

Inaccurate I am afraid - no-one has been banned

So I gather now I’ve done a bit of reading of other posts.

Rikki-UK:

But recently this forum has seemed to attract posters whose sole objective is to troll, annoy and generally be as disruptive as possible, without any interest in positive contributions to the forum.

Which is why steps have been taken to assist those members who struggle to understand that this website is not Facebook. for those who desire the more ribald banter, urine extracting and perusing of scantily clad models there are plenty of groups out there that cater for this. we encourage you to use them for the purpose they were set up for and use this site for what it is intended…

Yes things seem to have built up to a head, I’ve read a few of the other threads on this, and I appreciate your honesty of admitting you’ve been distracted from overseeing the forum, having had a brief spell as a moderator I know it’s not as easy as it seems.

I hope the tougher approach sorts things out; I’ve had a lot of help and advice from the members of this forum over the years, as well as plenty of entertainment. Hopefully things can improve and people can feel free to post on here without it descending into a slanging match or ask for advice without risk of being ridiculed.

muckles:

TiredAndEmotional:

Not sure if something gone on that I’m not aware of, I know that Eagerbeaver seems to have been banned, not sure what for as although he is pretty straight to the point, I don’t think he’s one of those spoiling this website for me, but the rules have been here for many years and are pretty simple and still have allowed pretty robust discussion in the past.
But recently this forum has seemed to attract posters whose sole objective is to troll, annoy and generally be as disruptive as possible, without any interest in positive contributions to the forum. In times past if they did the same in your average Café, they’d probably be taken outside so somebody could explain the error of their ways, but here they can continue being disruptive, although in reality these people probably wouldn’t say anything controversial to somebody’s face, but are happy to do it in the safe in the anonymity of the internet.
Personally I don’t post much these days, seems pointless as you watch thread after thread hijacked by these people or they start their own in the hope it will trigger a reaction.

I got put on pre mod for mocking Rikki’s " times up " post mate.

My version had a picture of Clint Eastwood as Pale rider saying " Not in my town ". Seems that it hit a nerve :laughing:

It doesn’t work like that eagerbeaver, one post will not get you on premod, it’s a sequence of events, the straw that breaks the camel’s back doesn’t have to be a big one.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

newmercman:
It doesn’t work like that eagerbeaver, one post will not get you on premod, it’s a sequence of events, the straw that breaks the camel’s back doesn’t have to be a big one.

I agree. The copper thread and THEN the mocking of Rikki’s post :wink:

You can be a diplomat all you like NMM, it simply doesn’t wash with me mate! There are a bunch of us on here who are far smarter on our worst day than you lot are on your best :stuck_out_tongue: Bullshine doesn’t affect us, we are imune :sunglasses:

So do us all a favour and crack on with your moderating, but please don’t take ALL of us for idiot’s…

eagerbeaver:

newmercman:

You can be a diplomat all you like NMM, it simply doesn’t wash with me mate! There are a bunch of us on here who are far smarter on our worst day than you lot are on your best :stuck_out_tongue: Bullshine doesn’t affect us, we are imune :sunglasses:

So do us all a favour and crack on with your moderating, but please don’t take ALL of us for idiot’s…

Eagerbeaver,

TBH, I’m not bothered who is smarter than whom.

I’m maybe not as smart as you, and I don’t take you for an idiot either, so I’ll admit to not quite understanding what you mean by “Bullshine.”

:bulb: However, IF “Bullshine” means the forum rules, then you’re not immune.

Respect is a two-way thing. :wink:

eagerbeaver:

newmercman:

You can be a diplomat all you like NMM, it simply doesn’t wash with me mate! There are a bunch of us on here who are far smarter on our worst day than you lot are on your best [emoji14] Bullshine doesn’t affect us, we are imune :sunglasses:

Hmmm, smarter, really? And I’m over here posting freely and you’re not. Maybe you’re not as smart as you think…

newmercman:

eagerbeaver:

newmercman:

You can be a diplomat all you like NMM, it simply doesn’t wash with me mate! There are a bunch of us on here who are far smarter on our worst day than you lot are on your best [emoji14] Bullshine doesn’t affect us, we are imune :sunglasses:

Hmmm, smarter, really? And I’m over here posting freely and you’re not. Maybe you’re not as smart as you think…

I don’t need to be free to post though. I simply dance you around like a puppet like you have just proved :wink: :laughing:

And let’s be honest here (again), you yourself AS A MODERATOR have admitted on here that YOU BLATANTLY baited Freight Dog despite it being against the forum rules.

So I reckon we should ALL learn from recent events and move on. This doesn’t mean that you are either A) Not eligible to be a Beavette (Reef’s amusing title,not mine), or B) Not in line for a limited edition Beaver poster personally signed by the last 25 of my TM’s :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:
So I reckon we should ALL learn from recent events and move on.

Agreed 100%. ^^^ :smiley:

I’m no angel eagerbeaver, but think about it, not only did I break the rules, I admitted it on an open forum.

However it was with good intentions, that’s the big difference, I’m not trying to win a personal battle with FD, or anyone for that matter, my goal is to get things ticking along nicely so we all live happily ever after.

As for you pulling my strings, not so much, I only respond if I chose to, you may be able to steer the direction of my response, but then the same applies to you, that’s how dialogue works, a reply will be pertinent to the initial subject, if that wasn’t the case, nothing would make any sense.

I’m sure either one of us could get the other to lose the plot and “win” this little game, but again, that’s the whole point, that’s what all this is about, trying to stamp that kind of thing out.