So which do you guys prefer...?

ok i know that there as probably already been some debate or discussion with regards to which sat nav you use or prefer but as my existing tom tom is no good for me when i find that class 2 job… :laughing: … i need to get a new one so i would like your opinion on which one you prefer or use,the tom tom 7000 one or a snooper or if there is another good alternative… :smiley:…ps i do use a map too… :wink:

My snooper is spot on apart from the fact it doesn’t seem to recognise any 7.5t roads/streets :unamused:

tomtom with the truck stuff on is my choice. can get it all for about £160 and do the software bit yourself. (fairly easy)

I use maps, road signs, my eyes, and the map on my iPhone which tells me exactly where I am, also has main routes in green yellow or red depending on volume of traffic.

ive just ordered a pronav pnn300 so we will see how that goes.

I first clapped my eyes on a MIO which an ex boss used to have when we were running to spain, i was so impressed that i bought one, have since updated it, free of charge, and i love it, i dont use it very often, but its always in the car. When i bought it, it was very expensive at £350, but i feel it was worth every penny.

truckyboy:
I first clapped my eyes on a MIO which an ex boss used to have when we were running to spain, i was so impressed that i bought one, have since updated it, free of charge, and i love it, i dont use it very often, but its always in the car. When i bought it, it was very expensive at £350, but i feel it was worth every penny.

I have an old MIO which cost £49 on ebay second hand. I put Igo8 maps on it and have used it all over the place without fault including the USA and Canada. Might buy a new model next.

ill always pick my snooper over any other satnav

TomTom 920T with Trucking Maps. Easier to customize than any other Sat Nav.
Only problem I’ve found is it tried to send me under the Blackwall Tunnel when I go from Thamesport to Tilbury :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I have a couple for sale on Gumtree, £180 :wink:

I use a tomtom 530 with the latest truck maps does me it helps when your truck is only 12 ft high and your trailer is a flat

Snooper S7000 Truckmate, gets me where I want to go legally (always check route on map before driving as you need to with any satnav). And when I get there it turns into a telly, I do container work so entertainment is important while all the other mugsin the back make by cab bounce around :sunglasses: .

dinosteveus1:
TomTom 920T with Trucking Maps. Easier to customize than any other Sat Nav.
Only problem I’ve found is it tried to send me under the Blackwall Tunnel when I go from Thamesport to Tilbury :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I have a couple for sale on Gumtree, £180 :wink:

you need to go into “map corrections” because there is a weight limit set on the road where it splits in two. change it to 100 ton then should be ok.

gezt:
you need to go into “map corrections” because there is a weight limit set on the road where it splits in two. change it to 100 ton then should be ok.

Nice one, thanks. :smiley:

tomtom 740 live with the truck map an software on it, bought it secondhand with 9 months live subscription on it which i think is around $45 for 12 months
ive tried a few others but prefer the tomtom

i’ve got 1 of these & for the money you can’t go wrong.use it in conjunction with a map.
you can also get tom tom put on an sd card & use that if you want then you can use the poi’s with the bridge heights etc

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sat-Nav-Foehn-and … 2c5bd54294

jessicas dad:

How you getting on with the pronav?

dominicpriestley:

jessicas dad:

binned it and got a tomtom.

jessicas dad:

dominicpriestley:

jessicas dad:

binned it and got a tomtom.

Particular reasons why? :smiley:

the features were good in fact excellent but typing in the info for your journey was confusing and a work up compared to how easy the tomtom is. i was also trying to find a delivery in stockport and the mapping couldnt update as quick as the turnings were coming up therefore my route planning went to pot. also i found the screen graffics crap and slow like the old atari space invaders.

now the thing is i bought this from lemon digital and my good friend alex dixon trialed this satnav for pronav and is convinced the unit i recieved was not the new pn300 but sounded like a old pn200. when i recieved the pn300 the box had been opened and seem the unit was not new. i dont know what had gone on but i was very disappointed by the experiance.

to be fair i proberely could have got to grips with the route planning but by the time i was lost in stockport and the problem with the graffics my head had been turned and i got my old tomtom out of my bag.

I’ll stick with what I know and get a TomTom device. Just a shame I can’t find out if they have plans to release truck software for Iphone.