So where's this driver shortage?

indeed.co.uk/cmp/Drivers-di … s+1+driver

Drivers direct are currently recruiting for a Class 1 Trampers driver for our client based out of its Southampton
This role will be working away Monday to Friday doing deliveries and collection across the country.
Must be prepared to work nights out and be prepared to stay out.
You must be able to demonstrate and understand all legislation, driving hours, WTR and health safety skills for this position.=
Rate for this role is £121 Per day which includes attendance and night out bonus.
Must hold valid Driving license, Digital taco card and Full CPC.

From that advert it sounds like they want someone to donate their life to the ‘client’ from Monday to Fridge for the princely sum of £600 on the top line. Where do I sign up?!

That will be a great job for lots and lots of drivers out there it makes you glad you can laugh at it and know you will never be in that pot good luck to them

I didn’t think you were allowed to pay night out money up front, it can only be paid on proof of being away, which is why the HMRC is all over it at the moment. I see it has described it as ‘night out bonus’, not ‘allowance’.

Not defending the job I just think it is worded strangely.

Darkside:
I didn’t think you were allowed to pay night out money up front, it can only be paid on proof of being away, which is why the HMRC is all over it at the moment. I see it has described it as ‘night out bonus’, not ‘allowance’.

Not defending the job I just think it is worded strangely.

Not worded strangely at all, the night out money is added to pad out a poor wage and make it look better.

That is of course assuming you’re maxing out your hours, if you’re only doing 10 hours per day, it’s actually not… oh ■■■■ it, I’m not even convincing myself here!

That is my point though. You can’t legally pay night out money up front.

Not worded strangely at all, the night out money is added to pad out a poor wage and make it look better.

I have never heard night out money termed as a bonus.

If it is termed a night out BONUS instead of being paid as an expense, is it taxable?.

Blunder Man:
If it is termed a night out BONUS instead of being paid as an expense, is it taxable?.

No doubt it will end up that way.

Fincham:

Blunder Man:

No doubt it will end up that way.

It needs to be taxable to be counted as “wages” to ensure compliance to NMW. Expenses dont count

I’m currently working for these monkeys on 740 a week I clear 600 quid.

I get a better nights kip when away from the kids all week and I don’t hope have to cope with the Mrs yapping all night so that in it’s own right boosts the money’s worth right up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start late morning Monday finish early Friday container work.

Eazzzzzzzzy. The hardest part of this job is finding somewhere to put my p bottles.

Unfortunately it will meet minimum wage compliance as long as you don’t exceed 63 hours

pickandmix:
Unfortunately it will meet minimum wage compliance as long as you don’t exceed 63 hours

Yes drive, like I said at the interview, the average should be about 10-12 hours a day, but needs of the business and all that… :laughing:

No way would I take a day rate job, as there’s only likely to be one winner there! :imp:

Evil8Beezle:

pickandmix:

Yes drive, like I said at the interview, the average should be about 10-12 hours a day, but needs of the business and all that… :laughing:

No way would I take a day rate job, as there’s only likely to be one winner there! :imp:

for me, if your a tramper it wouldn’t matter if you only did 8 hours as your still out all day in the truck

pickandmix:

Evil8Beezle:

pickandmix:

for me, if your a tramper it wouldn’t matter if you only did 8 hours as your still out all day in the truck.

I think you’re missing my point, as I’m suggesting that you’re probably going to be maxing out your hours and being run ragged…

I may be on my own thinking this but is this wage so bad?? :confused: now if its £121 all in for the day its not the best for being away all week I don’t dispute that, but its still double that of a 40hr week on minimum wage and if my maths is right about £500 in your pocket and a weekend off! If the bonus and night out money is on top of that then its a decent enough wage surely.

Granted if your working max hours its not great but if its a steady easy enough day I think it pays well enough. Personally if I do get a job driving I think £29,000ish a year is what it would work out too? Would be good enough especially when there’s night trunking jobs being advertised for £22,000.

Maybe I’m just easily pleased eh :exclamation:

RB84:

Or you just can’t read! :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:

Not really, I’ve had several jobs on day rate where I’ve earned £100 for three or four hours work, starting on a Sunday afternoon or running in on a Saturday morning, for example. Day rate is normally paid by smaller employers who don’t have a payroll department.

Harry Monk:

Evil8Beezle:

Not really, I’ve had several jobs on day rate where I’ve earned £100 for three or four hours work, starting on a Sunday afternoon or running in on a Saturday morning. Day rate is normally paid by smaller employers who don’t have a payroll department.

Possibly, but this is an agency & I’ve previous experience of these shysters! :wink:
I wouldn’t believe a single word they said… :imp:

Evil8Beezle:

RB84:

Or you just can’t read! :open_mouth:

Possibly what has Mr Magoo here missed?