So what's wrong drive?

Homebase■■?

Quality loading there! take a miracle not to coup that lot :laughing:

we get that at our place they cant seem to understand if because of drop order high ones to the left due to the forces of inertia going round islands . might be because they are from over the channel ■■?

I cant say whether the stuff on the right weighs more than the stuff on the left so to be honest I cant comment on the loading. Best to take your time in a lorry anyway.

Who the hell loaded that :open_mouth:
Surely it should be tall stuff at the back (headboard) gradually building down to the small pallets at the front

The load looks fine, all shrink wrapped and on pallets, don’t know if it’s an artic or rigid but everythings air ride anyway and you’ve got smooth roads so just keep under warp speed on right turners :wink:

What’s wrong is that litter on the floor, don’t you guys sweep them out when empty :question: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :wink:

bubsy06:
Surely it should be tall stuff at the back (headboard) gradually building down to the small pallets at the front

No at the front as that is where the headboard is, you are correct of course, but just the wrong way around :wink:

Must be at least £5 worth of damage done there :stuck_out_tongue:

An ex loader at ours would load the biggies at the back (tonne pallets of water/mayo) and the crisps/disposable forks at the front. His reasoning was that as there were more axles on trailer (3) than there were on the unit (2), it made sense. Wagon would be expected to run out like it was gonna lift the drive axle off the deck…funnily enough, he was from ‘over the water’

Dodgy Permit:

bubsy06:

No at the front as that is where the headboard is, you are correct of course, but just the wrong way around :wink:

Depends on whether your stood at the back of the trailer or sat in the cab :wink:
If im stood at the back of the trailer then the headboard would be the back and where im stood would be the front, vice versa if I was in the cab. Obviously if there are really heavy pallets you would have to arange them to distribute the weight and not stack them tallest to shortest. Leaving a great big gap down one side is just gonna end up in disaster :open_mouth:

bubsy06:

Dodgy Permit:

bubsy06:

Depends on whether your stood at the back of the trailer or sat in the cab :wink:
If im stood at the back of the trailer then the headboard would be the back and where im stood would be the front, vice versa if I was in the cab. Obviously if there are really heavy pallets you would have to arange them to distribute the weight and not stack them tallest to shortest. Leaving a great big gap down one side is just gonna end up in disaster :open_mouth:

No the front of the trailer never varies (ever) do the rear doors of a rigid suddenly become the front doors (using your logic)
Of course they do not, the headboard is mounted on the front of any trailer & what is loaded againt it first is always therefore on the front.

This of course has nothing to do with pallet weights etc, but all things being equal you would always look to maintain that virtual headboard as it moves down the trailer (to the rear)
The same logic also applies of course to lateral movement.

Dodgy Permit:
No the front of the trailer never varies (ever) do the rear doors of a rigid suddenly become the front doors (using your logic)
Of course they do not, the headboard is mounted on the front of any trailer & what is loaded againt it first is always therefore on the front.

This of course has nothing to do with pallet weights etc, but all things being equal you would always look to maintain that virtual headboard as it moves down the trailer (to the rear)
The same logic also applies of course to lateral movement.

It depends on if you are on about front and back in realation to the direction the lorry travels or front and back in relation to where you are when looking at them.
If I am stood behind the trailer with the doors open, from my perspective the pallets by the headboard are at the back and the ones in front of me are at the front. If we stood by the doors and I told the customer that these 2 pallets at the front are his he will likely take the 2 nearest the doors, If we are stood at the side with the curtains open and I say the 2 at the back he is likely to take the 2 nearest the doors.

Yes I could see that it may well become confusing in your world, so when in doubt just point to reinforce your request. :wink:

Dodgy Permit:
Yes I could see that it may well become confusing in your world, so when in doubt just point to reinforce your request. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing:
Im not the confused one.
Have you ever been to a cinema?
Do you call the back row of seats the front row because they are the nearest to the front of the building?

bubsy06:

Dodgy Permit:

:laughing: :laughing:
Im not the confused one.
Have you ever been to a cinema?
Do you call the back row of seats the front row because they are the nearest to the front of the building?

Crap Talking, put these words in the correct order :stuck_out_tongue:

The Headboard is the bow, the bonnet, the nose, the head.

It never becomes the stern, the boot, the arse end or tail.

So if i told a forkie to move the front pallet he will take the one with the blue cross not the red cross?

Pretty sure forky would say"Cant get to the front one mate,sure you dont mean this one here at the back?

bubsy06:
So if i told a forkie to move the front pallet he will take the one with the blue cross not the red cross?

No he would tell you to leave sharply.

If you are in a fish shop and stood near the door, are you at the front of the queue or not?

I bet you think the inside lane on a motorway is next to the central reservation don’t you?

Wheel Nut:

bubsy06:

No he would tell you to leave sharply.

If you are in a fish shop and stood near the door, are you at the front of the queue or not?

I bet you think the inside lane on a motorway is next to the central reservation don’t you?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Ok if the pallets were stacked nice and tidy