So what's the story

We have more cases testing positive Now before they closed the country down in March
What is going on are we being allowed to infect each other now and nobody cares
That would make sense it’s what they should have done at the start

Of course there are more people testing positive than last time, that’s because more people are being tested for it than last time…in a nutshell. :bulb:
You’re welcome.

As RobRoy says: more tests equals more positive results.
So, its necessary to try to work out what the true levels are now, and were earlier.
If we have twice as many tests, do we expect twice as many positives? Not quite true because diagnostic tests are targeted, not at random.
However in parallel with the diagnostic testing* there is randomized statistical sampling going on. This helps to sort out the true figures.
Add to that some misunderstanding of what the figures are counting, what they arent counting, and its a mess.

*the ■■■■-ups, double counting, misdirection, and lies surrounding the true numbers of tests carried out is another issue again. The Gov has spun figures like mad to try to look good, but every time they are shown as liars, any truth and any necessary measures they propose are easily dismissed.
Even this bunch of tossers say the right things occasionally.

It doesn’t converse confidence from previous numbers it looks like it’s out of control and they are taking a less approach to it
If it was or is such a big thing to them why backtrack on their first response
The country in reeping with it more so than at the start anyone can see that
So what was the big deal in the first place
Answer not enough beds in hospitals that’s it

Franglais:
As RobRoy says: more tests equals more positive results.
So, its necessary to try to work out what the true levels are now, and were earlier.
If we have twice as many tests, do we expect twice as many positives? Not quite true because diagnostic tests are targeted, not at random.
However in parallel with the diagnostic testing* there is randomized statistical sampling going on. This helps to sort out the true figures.
Add to that some misunderstanding of what the figures are counting, what they arent counting, and its a mess.

*the ■■■■-ups, double counting, misdirection, and lies surrounding the true numbers of tests carried out is another issue again. The Gov has spun figures like mad to try to look good, but every time they are shown as liars, any truth and any necessary measures they propose are easily dismissed.
Even this bunch of tossers say the right things occasionally.

Tests are irrelevant regarding something that is this infectious and contagious before any symptoms are apparent.
The flu has an incubation time of 1 to 4 days and is infectious one day before symptoms are apparent.
This has an incubation time of a week or more and is at its MOST contagious around 2 or 3 days before symptoms show.
It seems obvious that the rumours concerning UV light being its nemesis outside of a host are valid.
Cases from Winter to Spring to Summer to Autumn 2020 seem to match UV levels.
The tossers are those who didn’t lock down China in February or before regardless of anyone stuck there as a result.No one else.
Still international flights are allowed to move people freely around the world.

Bigtruck3:
We have more cases testing positive Now before they closed the country down in March
What is going on are we being allowed to infect each other now and nobody cares
That would make sense it’s what they should have done at the start

Maybe they’ve now got a better idea of recovery rates and immunity or maybe they realise that it’s now just a case of sink or swim.They can’t possibly test the whole population or lock down the country even if they could and if the tests then showed the worse.
What’s the point of testing those who show symptoms when it’s most contagious before that point.
We have to get on with our lives and take our chances.

This whistleblowing interview with a SRN of 20 years might be of interest.

lockdownsceptics.org/2020/10/10 … exclusive/

you’ve been had, stop believing the idiot box in the corner, the state is not your friend

Just for a moment imagine over the last few months, we have not had all the hype, the panic, the exaggeration and the scaremongering it generated…oh yeh, and imagine the furlough did not happen.

So…
The general headlines and attitude (speaking for the UK here) would be…

‘‘The usual flu type outbreaks we usually have this time of year is a bit more severe than normal.
Many more people are getting it, but getting over it, but there is no set pattern for severity, some are worse than others.
The old and the less healthy people should be made aware,.and take a lot more care, but the majority (including many who have the virus) are just carrying on as normal’’

So life would go on as it did with swine flu, bird flu,.and any other flu you can think of in the past. :bulb:

We would all be in the pub on a Saturday night, going to the football and concerts, holidaying abroad, and the economy would be much healthier especially after binning the EU (hiya Franglais :wink: :laughing: ) business as usual, and like every other thing since time immemorial, the law of the jungle and the land would prevail ie…‘‘Survival of the fittest’’,.would be the thing.
As for the NOT so fit, the weak and the unhealthy, it would be more ‘Survival of the astute’ .(with their masks, social distancing,.avoiding crowds etc).

Instead of as it is now, the economy being ■■■■ ed, and people walking around like lepers, and reacting as they are told to. (despite the lack of bodies on the streets)

Juddian:

you’ve been had, stop believing the idiot box in the corner, the state is not your friend

“lockdownsceptics” wont be getting many citations as an unbiased source I would imagine?
Started by someone who seems to support eugenics, and who openly puts money before lives, it won`t be looking for the whole truth.
One statement by one anonymous source is hardly a tidal wave of evidence to refute the evidence from named Doctors, nurses, epidemiologists, virologists, etc.
But the site does like some experts though, it quotes the minority of them that do support the Barrington Declaration.

And we`ve all been had by the idiot box?
A conspiracy involving almost every country in the world, and every political party in the UK, uniting behind one story?
Well, forgive me if I use my scepticism here.

robroy:
Just for a moment imagine over the last few months, we have not had all the hype, the panic, the exaggeration and the scaremongering it generated…oh yeh, and imagine the furlough did not happen.

So…

‘‘The usual flu type outbreaks we usually have this time of year is a bit more severe than normal.
Many more people are getting it, but getting over it, but there is no set pattern for severity, some are worse than others.
The old and the less healthy people should be made aware,.and take a lot more care, but the majority (including many who have the virus) are just carrying on as normal’’

So life would go on as it did with swine flu, bird flu,.and any other flu you can think of in the past. :bulb:

We would all be in the pub on a Saturday night, going to the football and concerts, holidaying abroad, and the economy would be much healthier especially after binning the EU (hiya Franglais :wink: :laughing: ) business as usual, and like every other thing since time immemorial, the law of the jungle and the land would prevail ie…‘‘Survival of the fittest’’,.would be the thing.
As for the NOT so fit, the weak and the unhealthy, it would be more ‘Survival of the astute’ .(with their masks, social distancing,.avoiding crowds etc).

Instead of as it is now, the economy being [zb] ed, and people walking around like lepers, and reacting as they are told to. (despite the lack of bodies on the streets)

Hi Ya!
Well, a No-Deal Brexit, according to the LSE, is gonna cost twice or three times as much as the C19 lockdown.
Survival of the fittest?
A point of view I spose. Stop all cancer treatment so those with a genetic susceptibilty die younger, and dont reproduce?
Let the sick die off quicker means a healthier economy, for sure. Less unproductive bodies costing money in expensive hospitals.
Stopping social caring for the ill and old will mean less taxes for sure. The biggest beneficiaries will be the rich of course who, after years of paying even less tax will be able to afford medical care.
Let`s all cheer along with RobRoy to make a Britain where the workers die younger and the rich live longer! HipRay!
Survival of the richest.
And to address your first paragraph, there has been hype and exaggaration by some.
There has also been a very real problem with, no matter what you imagine, a real virus doing real damage to people. Citizens of this country who who decades have paid taxes, that you now want to ignore so they choke to death?
Wake Up Man!

Van Tam says UK at tipping point again.
bbc.com/news/uk-54496508

Franglais:

robroy:

So…

Instead of as it is now, the economy being [zb] ed, and people walking around like lepers, and reacting as they are told to. (despite the lack of bodies on the streets)

Hi Ya!
Well, a No-Deal Brexit, according to the LSE, is gonna cost twice or three times as much as the C19 lockdown.
Survival of the fittest?
A point of view I spose. Stop all cancer treatment so those with a genetic susceptibilty die younger, and dont reproduce?
Let the sick die off quicker means a healthier economy, for sure. Less unproductive bodies costing money in expensive hospitals.
Stopping social caring for the ill and old will mean less taxes for sure. The biggest beneficiaries will be the rich of course who, after years of paying even less tax will be able to afford medical care.
Let`s all cheer along with RobRoy to make a Britain where the workers die younger and the rich live longer! HipRay!
Survival of the richest.
And to address your first paragraph, there has been hype and exaggaration by some.
There has also been a very real problem with, no matter what you imagine, a real virus doing real damage to people. Citizens of this country who who decades have paid taxes, that you now want to ignore so they choke to death?
Wake Up Man!

Wow ! :laughing:
I’m fully awake thanks mate, with my eyes wide open, trying my best to see through the fog and more importantly the b/s…you should try it yourself, it actually opens your mind you know. :bulb:

Now you ain’t really reading and taking in what I said are you mate?
Furthermore you are CHOOSING to interpret what I said in your own way, in order to enable you to jump up on your trusty Covid soap box (oh yeh, with your Brexit one stood right next to it)
I’ll try and clarify my point for you anyway.

I ain’t an immunologist, I drive a truck, but I do know that immunity has always worked (in simplistic/layman terms btw) whereby if you get something it builds up an element of resistance to getting it again, and/or something of a similar nature,.and the more people that get something, and an immunity is built up, the stronger that resistance becomes…that is why my kids used to go to measles and chickenpox parties and the like. :bulb:
I think that is where the herd immunity expression applies.

It appears that this present flu like (however severe) condition seems to affect everyone in different ways and degrees.
It ain’t like Middle ages diseases with the little guy pushing a cart, ringing a bell shouting ‘Bring out yer dead’ but for some bizarre reason Governments are re.acting as if it was. :open_mouth:

MANY people, I have no stats but I would say the majority of people, who have had it have got over it with varying degrees of illness, the weakest have unfortunately died, that is how life works, as far back as I remember and beyond…ie my Survival of the fittest statement.

So…
The weak and the vulnerable amongst us need to take responsibility and shelter from it, and take the basic steps of wearing masks, social distancing, or even self isolation and the like.

The rest of us …btw I am rightly or wrongly assuming I am one of these potential survivors but time will tell (but if not, I’ll let YOU write my epitaph Franglais,.seeing as you appear to be loving all this stuff. :smiley: ) also need to take a degree of responsibility for these people (I have octogenarian relatives some with underlying conditions btw) by being considerate with again the mask wearing etc etc.
The way I see it is if we go on over reacting the economy will he totally ■■■■ ed (at least you can claim vindication for your strong anti Brexit/anti Boris views…every cloud eh?)

Now tell you what Frangs, bear all what I have said in mind whilst reading my previous post again, and interpret it in the way it is actually meant this time eh?.., instead of putting words in my gob regarding elder tax payers being freely and intentionally allowed to …‘‘choke to death’’ etc etc :unamused:
Wake up man. :smiley:
Cheers.

Survival of the fittest so you can get to the pub…
Seems clear to me.

Franglais:

Juddian:

“lockdownsceptics” wont be getting many citations as an unbiased source I would imagine?
Started by someone who seems to support eugenics, and who openly puts money before lives, it won`t be looking for the whole truth.
One statement by one anonymous source is hardly a tidal wave of evidence to refute the evidence from named Doctors, nurses, epidemiologists, virologists, etc.
But the site does like some experts though, it quotes the minority of them that do support the Barrington Declaration.

And we`ve all been had by the idiot box?
A conspiracy involving almost every country in the world, and every political party in the UK, uniting behind one story?
Well, forgive me if I use my scepticism here.

That anonymous interview wouldn’t have been published in the grauniad or beamed out by the state broadcaster nor almost any other mainstream source, also any uncomfortable truths being told would have been interrupted mid flow and the final result carefully edited to keep on message.
Our intrepid nurse similarly wouldn’t have been daft enough to trust any of the above to be discreet, and would have been out of a job in double quick time if she’d trusted them.

Franglais:
Seems clear to me.

Seriously??
:laughing: ffs :laughing:
Like I say mate interpret it as you want, I ain’t fussed tbh…aye whatever, so I can get to the pub. :unamused:
On the positive side (ever the optimist look on the bright side type of guy me …unlike yourself) got to say that’s better than last time bringing cancer patients into it…that I NEVER mentioned. :unamused:
So it appears that it STILL ain’t ‘‘clear to you’’ is it eh?

Franglais:
Seems clear to me.

As good a strategy as it gets.I’ll have Abbott or ESB.
While Youngs Special is just a quick walk away. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=svrMTq53fhM 1.32.07 - 1.32.37

One of the best bits of that film. :smiling_imp:

Juddian:
That anonymous interview wouldn’t have been published in the grauniad or beamed out by the state broadcaster nor almost any other mainstream source, also any uncomfortable truths being told would have been interrupted mid flow and the final result carefully edited to keep on message.
Our intrepid nurse similarly wouldn’t have been daft enough to trust any of the above to be discreet, and would have been out of a job in double quick time if she’d trusted them.

The Grauandian that publicizes its use of SecureDrop to protect whistle blowers? Not exactly a supporter of the Gov, I thought. Assuming our nurse is genuine, a single worker doesnt make for a full view. A pay corps soldier in Catterick, even a sergeant, wouldn`t have much of a view of the front line at Ypres.
There is a place for whistle blowers, but I doubt our nurse is one of them.

Just about sums things up I reck.

robroy:
Just about sums things up I reck.

Picture of D-Day? Not counting Americans, maybe less than 2,000 allied deaths that horrific day.
history.com/news/d-day-casu … ths-allies
At the height of the pandemic the UK was losing over 800 people a day…
If you average out the total 450,000 UK WW2 deaths over the 57(?) months, thats 260 a day. Or weve had the pandemic since when? End of January? So, about 8 months, about 240 days for our 57,000 deaths. 240 a day.

COVID 19, almost as deadly as WW2…but since we know the victims are mostly oldsters, who cares?
Alter the figures if you like, use other sources, or estimates if you like.
We can try to slow it down, whilst looking for vaccines and treatments.
We could just let it run its course, so you arent kept from giving Tim Martin his profits.

You’ve sold it to me.
Just been on to the local builder, he’s doing me a cut price bunker under the stairs, and I,ve got me tin foil hat ordered (thanks to Winseer and e.bay btw :sunglasses: ).
Wife down at Tescos stocking up with tins of beans and bottles of Bud for a bit of sustinence.
We can get through this together brother…stay safe, peace and love peace and love. :sunglasses:

Ah ■■■■ it, England are playing Belgium, off down the boozer.l,.catch ya later.
:wink: :laughing: