So what do you think..?

well it seems we now have a new coalition government and i was wondering what you all think about this,do you think that the haulage industry will benefit or will it still be ignored and shafted at all turns,i hope that some positive things come from this new coalition for this industry as they are long overdue…all thoughts welcome… :grimacing:

It will be the same if not worse. It will be the usual ignoring the transport industry mixed with the usual anti-truck attitude.

We had a similar type of alliance in the late 1970’s under Callaghan guess what happened next.The fact is if people voted for different parties then they should stay independent of each other so we get who/what we vote for and then they can fight it out in the commons like they’re supposed to and then we all know who to blame when it all goes pear shaped as it usually does in this country.The idea of parlaiment is supposed to be for the government and the opposition to argue and vote on matters in the way they’ve been elected to do not make shabby deals behind closed doors.As it stands we’ve got a party with relatively few voters which is basically a load of raving global warming believers who are pro rail anti road transport pulling the strings because the one which has been voted to govern wants an easy ride in parlaiment.

Cargo-girl:
It will be the same if not worse. It will be the usual ignoring the transport industry mixed with the usual anti-truck attitude.

Totally agree with you,in the 30 odd years i was in the job no govt. ever backed the road haulage ind.so nothings going to change now.
regards dave.

considering they couldnt barely look at each other the week before they are shaking hands to enter goverment doesnt fill me with confidence.Unfortunatly the extra rise in vat could lead to alot of job cuts as if the customer doesnt want to pay more for a service the business has to swallow the extra cost and that can only be balanced by reducing the running cost of a business ie lowering the wage bill…