So.... my 1st full week as a class 2 driver

As i said before i started working at palletways (via a agency) im getting 11£/h. It is multidropping from about 5 to 13 a day ( if you can do all if not no one gets angry) ahannd is all palletised. No handball ( unless you as a driver want to do it) but i do use sometimes the pumptruck with taillift (not always they have a fork lift) but like 95% is delivery to companies). And… usually i have start at 8:30 am go to depot truck is never loaded lol. Wait for that and in general gets loaded in about an hour. Meantime i have my coffee :slight_smile:. Than another hour to exchange places of some pallets ( im allowed to choose my on order of delivering). Usually i leave depot arond 10:30 and be back arond 6:30 - 7:00 pm. Takes me another hour to do all the things at the end of the shift. And im payd starting with 8:30 am. Independent of the hour that i actually start doing some work. Everybody nice there. And… i was very surprised when on wednesday they offered me fulltime work. And above that sat i was the only agency driver working (out of 40). The manager here was very surprised i disnt hit the truck :slight_smile:. (Yet lol). And… if you arrive at destination and a pallet is refused no one minds. The pallet is just redone and delivered next day( if the goods are not damaged). So in short works is a very nice job for a rookie like me. And what makes me very happy sometime i have to deliver on residential area and the streets are so narrow(i have leicester area le3) but is good opportunity for me to learn better than driving only motorways. I think im very lucky to get this rate as newbie. I asked some of the other agemcy drivers (saw on the list 5 agencies sending drivers in) and they get like9:50-10 per hour including some from the same agency as me. So what do you guys think about all this?

P.S. sorry for such a long novel:)

Good for you mate. If you’re happy than great.
Good luck

Keep at it man. The more work you do and at a high standard the more you’ll get asked for. Instead of firms just asking for an “agency driver”, they will start to ask for you by name. If you continue with the positive attitude and the care for the firms wagons then you will make yourself know.

Good, positive post. Keep up the good work and you’ll always be in demand. Well done, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the nice feedback guys. I appreciate it.

On 6th now ill start class 1 training. After i hope i will have more positive stories to say :slight_smile:

small update lolz

just found out that i get overtime after 40 hrs a time and a half :slight_smile: and sat the rate is a time and a half.