So much for drivers looking out for each other

gogzy:
That’s why I asked mike

‘How come he rolled it’ doesn’t sound like a general question to me. It was definateley him that done it?

technology is great but also its killing the camaraderie between drivers once upon a time you’d stop cos a driver was in trouble mile from a pay phone but now help is only a call or email away. no escuse for not stopping to offer first aid for anyone in distress though

Mr B:
technology is great but also its killing the camaraderie between drivers once upon a time you’d stop cos a driver was in trouble mile from a pay phone but now help is only a call or email away. no escuse for not stopping to offer first aid for anyone in distress though

I think the camardarie went out the job once we stopped sharing bags of carrots for the horses !!! Everyone got off on their own steam :laughing:

I think some of the reasons drivers no longer stop is because they think “he won’t speak English” or “I don’t speak English” or being mindful of the fact that you can no longer get out the tool kit & effect a temporary repair, but need to sit and wait for some bod with a computer to arrive.

Steer axle blow outs (quite rare) don’t usually put a truck over.

I think one of the problems is that truck drivers (just as car/van drivers) are not trained how to react in emergencies & often over react.

Driveroneuk:
Steer axle blow outs (quite rare) don’t usually put a truck over.

They do if a driver brakes.

Which refers back to my last para above.

Mike-C:

gogzy:
That’s why I asked mike

‘How come he rolled it’ doesn’t sound like a general question to me. It was definateley him that done it?

why does everyone want to twist everything i say,

christ all i asked was how did it roll…christ ill just not bother asking the next time

i hope the driver is ok, but how did your workmate no 4 lorry’s passed the wreck, was he the one who crashed it? and it would take a genius to count the number of lorries going passed and if he was the kind gentlemen that pulled over to help then good on him, least he did the right thing

Sorry for delay in replying to all who asked about driver, he is on the road to recovery mainly a bruised ego and a very sore back, the reasons behind him going over was due to black ice after roads not being gritted, trying to avoid 3 stag deer in the middle of the road.

skippytot:
Sorry for delay in replying to all who asked about driver, he is on the road to recovery mainly a bruised ego and a very sore back, the reasons behind him going over was due to black ice after roads not being gritted, trying to avoid 3 stag deer in the middle of the road.

Christ, glad he’s ok though, it’s only a truck at the end of the day

Glad the drivers ok seemed to me by the mess on road he had drifted onto the lefthand verge panic then over corrected which took him across to the righthand verge then tipped cos of the steep slope…

Bloody deer had one jump out of the forest on the A93 recently, i nearly had a heart attack! Glad the driver is ok, shameful really that other road users drove past without stopping :imp:

Just because you had a timed delivery doesnt justify driving past an accident like that. :open_mouth: I would have stopped and helped the driver in any way possible,after all its only pallets of sh*te most of us carry.

Mike-C:
I think the camardarie went out the job once we stopped sharing bags of carrots for the horses !!! Everyone got off on their own steam :laughing:

Mike I never realised that you were that old :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

gogzy:

Mike-C:

gogzy:
That’s why I asked mike

why does everyone want to twist everything i say,

christ all i asked was how did it roll…christ ill just not bother asking the next time

How did he roll it on that straight stretch reminds me of the question asked to Debbie Magee…so what attracted you to the millionare Paul Daniels!!!