So many people have gone crazy and want to be lorry drivers

inews.co.uk/news/real-life/lorr … ol-1715671

Nice article

In my very short career so far, I’ve only had the “are you sure you can manage” vibe from customers. I have found male lorry drivers to be quite gender blind and to see me as driver first, female second, and have had some great chats in passing.

100,000 driver shortage and rates of £24 per hour with £1000 up front, sorry but to me it seems like just another trainer hyping up the job for her own benefit.

driveress:
https://inews.co.uk/news/real-life/lorry-driver-shortage-female-boss-hgv-driving-school-1715671

Nice article

In my very short career so far, I’ve only had the “are you sure you can manage” vibe from customers. I have found male lorry drivers to be quite gender blind and to see me as driver first, female second, and have had some great chats in passing.

Do you think you’ll try Class 1 in the future?

I’m surprised that there are drivers from pre-covid awaiting tests. I managed to get myself through Theory test, Class 2 and Class 1, an ADR course and CPC between July 2020 (when I was told I was to be made redundant from my then current job and thought I’d best get my ■■■■ into gear and retrain for an industry in demand) and April 2021 including a retest on the Class 1 all undertaken in Leicestershire.

Maybe I was exceptionally lucky, but to my mind and based on what I experienced back then, there is something that just doesn’t sit quite right here with the strength of the claims

Marky-p:

driveress:
https://inews.co.uk/news/real-life/lorry-driver-shortage-female-boss-hgv-driving-school-1715671

Nice article

My class 1 training is booked for September :slight_smile:

driveress:

Marky-p:

driveress:

Nice article

My class 1 training is booked for September :slight_smile:

Woohoo!

Sent from my SM-A135F using Tapatalk

If she still has people waiting from pre covid then I think her company is the issue. I myself Sent off my license in July '21 received it back Sept '21. Theory Nov '21 Lessons/test Feb '22. I could have had lessons sooner but timed it with Half Term due to childcare.

I have been waiting for my licence to return from DVLA! I have lost several good job opportunities because of their incompetence!

I have an interview imminently so hopefully it goes well!!

TruckerGuy:
I have been waiting for my licence to return from DVLA! I have lost several good job opportunities because of their incompetence!

I have an interview imminently so hopefully it goes well!!

Why are you applying for jobs if you haven’t got your license yet?