Snow in North East

Just come back from York. Its snowing a bit - nothing to get into a panic about. Got to Garrowby Hill only to get halfway up and be greeted by a dozen melons who’d got stuck. Waited whilst a Corsa “drove” past me downhill before I put it in full right lock and blatted the throttle to turn round. As I turned round, I noticed the Corsa wasn’t actually driving downhill but sliding with all wheels locked up, the petrified dumbass driving it being a mere passenger. :unamused: :unamused: I watched him slide straight into the Armco for the split between the runoff lane and the road as I set off, drove past and descended the hill at 30MPH… :smiling_imp:

I’d have stopped but there were plenty enough dumbasses stuck against the kerb to sort him out. On the way down, I phoned the police and suggested they shut the road.

Had the same in North Wales, the amount of muppets who took bog standard cars up the mountain pass to go sledging then got stuck was great… That appealing look on thier faces as I came up in the 4x4 with snow tyres on cos they thought I was gonna tow em out…
Soon turned to sorrow as I kept going :grimacing:

Had it in Kent yesterday. Went to a little village called Saltwood, just off J11, managed to get down the lanes to the farm, then on my way out as i was coming to a hill i was a bit weary about, a car coming down the hill was going too fast, slid into the kerb, completley ruined his near side front wheel (which was pointing horizontal) and came to rest in the middle of the road so i couldn’t get passed :unamused:

Had to wait for the pigs to turn up, then an hour and half for a recovery vehicle :angry:

The copper was cool though, once it had cleared, he asked me if i’ll be ok getting up the hill, which i replied yeah, if i get enough speed up, so they stopped all traffic coming down and let me get a decent run up :sunglasses:

Conor:
Just come back from York. Its snowing a bit - nothing to get into a panic about. Got to Garrowby Hill only to get halfway up and be greeted by a dozen melons who’d got stuck. Waited whilst a Corsa “drove” past me downhill before I put it in full right lock and blatted the throttle to turn round. As I turned round, I noticed the Corsa wasn’t actually driving downhill but sliding with all wheels locked up, the petrified dumbass driving it being a mere passenger. :unamused: :unamused: I watched him slide straight into the Armco for the split between the runoff lane and the road as I set off, drove past and descended the hill at 30MPH… :smiling_imp:

I’d have stopped but there were plenty enough dumbasses stuck against the kerb to sort him out. On the way down, I phoned the police and suggested they shut the road.

So you never got up the hill then, just like everyone else?

Mike-C:
So you never got up the hill then, just like everyone else?

Was doing fine until I saw the mayhem before me. The stupid pillocks were just strewn everywhere. God only knows what they thought they were doing. I decided it would be quicker just not to bother trying to weave my way through them as they sat there slewing from side to side, scratching their heads and wondering what the hell to do.