Snow going anywhere boss

just interested how many of you have got stuck in the snow today,i was speaking to a work mate in who has been in golborne since last night, he has been stuck there all day as he cannot get his trailer. interesting as im on way up there once loaded out of gillingham,

boss is looking on tinternet as he is going to send the driver to get a shovel from local shop to dig him out… the responce from driver ( ********** ****) :laughing: :laughing:

so where were you stuck if you was and wat was your responce on phone from office …

Was supposed to be going to Sunderland today but just had the phone call to stay at home, all our night deliveries have been cancelled. The weather wasn’t great coming over the M62 last night so I can’t imagine what it’s like in the North East. :smiley:

just had a text to stand down normaly go hull to wigan

Looks like a Lorry driver has died due to the conditions. :frowning:
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8441062.stm

Stuck for nearly 3 hours in Stalybridge after a dopey woman pulled out in front of me and got stuck trying to do a U-Turn on a hill i was trying to get up this morning.

sat in trafford park since 1800 last night , trying to get a box out of freightliner,
i reckon it may be tomorrow before any movement as long as it doesnt snow much more, as i type it has started coming down harder :frowning:
looks like a night in the pub. anybody round here going to the village for a beer?

Not looking good for today and tomorow metoffice.gov.uk/
And im off til thursday :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I am stuck at home(in about 9" of snow) boss phoned me and told me to stay at home :smiley: :smiley: I dont know about the rest of the week

this morning on the stocksbridge by pass coming from penistone roundabout.

i thought it was quiet on there and when i got back to the m1 end i found police blocking the exits. i gave a cheery wave and a beep and carried on on my merry way. :grimacing:

jessicas dad:

JD = Ice road trucker UK :wink: :laughing:

I’m really not looking forward to tomorrow. The route i have goes from essex to canterbury then over to hastings.

I’ll try and take a camera, i did this route when we had heavy snow before Christmas and got stuck on many hills, slid back down one and had to be pulled up one by 3 tractors.

A diary of carnage is on the cards :cry:

C-Kay:
I’m really not looking forward to tomorrow. The route i have goes from essex to canterbury then over to hastings.

I’ll try and take a camera, i did this route when we had heavy snow before Christmas and got stuck on many hills, slid back down one and had to be pulled up one by 3 tractors.

We’re still waiting for the last one :smiley:

Semtex:

C-Kay:

We’re still waiting for the last one :smiley:

I lost my camera :cry: and didn’t see any point in doing just a written one. I’m running round my dads later to borrow his for tomorrow.

Took me the best part of two and a half hours to get from J26 of the M1 to the sheffield parkway exit, supposed to do 2 in bolton and one in manchester then the phone went “turn round don’t bother” (could have rung me an hour earlier when I drove past the yard :imp: )

woody2808:
Was supposed to be going to Sunderland today but just had the phone call to stay at home, all our night deliveries have been cancelled. The weather wasn’t great coming over the M62 last night so I can’t imagine what it’s like in the North East. :smiley:

Wasnt that bad this morning, had a straight run
Traff Park to Newcastle, Traff Park was prob the worst at 4 this morning, Newcastle roads were clear,
Coming back was a dream too, if only everdyday was that quiet.

did stockton on tees , then some drops round area,only one was dodgy ,a farm , just tipped it on road,didnt think the area was too bad to be honest,then did some collections 2 farms nr york, single track roads, couldnt see the edges, bit hairy to say the least.
should of done kettering, but was told had to go and do this run,a.f.a.i.k all ours went out.

bubsy06:
Looks like a Lorry driver has died due to the conditions. :frowning:
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8441062.stm

I Think it was at junction 25 M60 It looked like they were recovering a Unit and 40ft white cargobull plain trailer it looked a mess the cab was mangled the outfit had jacknifed it looked like the trailer has rode over the unit not nice i think it was a plain white unit maybe a Daf ?

My Thoughts are with the poor drivers family. All for just trying to earn a wage

stay safe out there everyone

The road between Cardigan and Aberystwyth this afternoon…

all we have in bournemouth is rain no snow what so ever :cry:

C-Kay:

there is no snow in Canterbury ATM, we have good stocks of salt for the roads as well, but it looks like Hastings might be a problem…good luck