snow chains

if we are all getting stuck in the snow and icey conditions i carnt see why we arnt allowed to use snow chains if we have them . lets face it half the road surfaces are knackerd anyway

I`ve just received an email from Amazon.de offering me snow chains for the car. Prices vary from 27€ to 45€

is it illegal to use them in this country?

Are you saying that they are outlawed in Britain?

Probably have to do an H+S course before being allowed to fit them :unamused:

Mr B:
is it illegal to use them in this country?

more drivers myths then…
theaa.com/motoring_advice/ov … tyres.html
dont say anything about them being illegal in the UK… But you wouldnt use them on slush or thin snow

In 89/90 I arrived back in Dover to a pretty decent snowfall, the whole of Kent was closed almost, while the sensible ones amongst us went on the ■■■■ in the Wheelhouse, a few brave fools chained up and went to leave, the Police wouldn’t let them leave the dock, I have no idea if it was because of legal issues regarding chains or not, but they were turned back all the same :wink:

I have snow chains in the car and trucks. Bottom line, if youre stuck they’re going on legal or no unless there’s some jumped up hitler preventing you from doing so. In this country, they’re not that much benefit with actual driving on roads as if no one else has them you can’t make progress anyway but I think they’re worth having for minimal periods if you can’t get traction in to a depot or some such, especially so if your trucks don’t have diff lok. :unamused: