SNOW CHAINS

LKNG 4 SNOW CHAINS -385 65R 22.5 ,SINGLES AND DOUBLES ANYONE? :wink:

your best bet is to buy new and before buying take a good look around as the market is large ,and you only get what you pay for,
YOU may also be better off and get your self a set for the trailer as well,WHY you ask because when it is sign posted that you require (2)
yes two sets of chains then you will be refused perrmission to travel any further when you only have one set, This is enforced strictly in Austria &
the SWISS; AT present here in Germany they are bringing in new laws also as regards WINTER–TYRES due to the many accidents that have happened with vehicles not haveing the right tyres for the winter,

brit pete:
AT present here in Germany they are bringing in new laws also as regards WINTER–TYRES due to the many accidents that have happened with vehicles not haveing the right tyres for the winter,

They were talking about that before I left Germany but I thought there was an issue regarding how/if they could enforce it on vehicles from out of the country?

MARCUSTANDY; the answer to that is try driveing in with summer tyres
and see how the police react when you are involved in a accident, I belive that they will have no problem enforceing this law as what happens when you try to drive in NORWAY with out snowchains, or another example is when you get stopped in BELGIUM and you have the key still in the lock
of the TACHOGRAPH it is considerd in this country as a offence and you get FINED for this, AS long as the PARTNER COUNTRYS wish to visit or transit each others countrys , The laws of the visiting country apply to
you and me,as well,

Fivesta, I have a brand new set you can buy if you want… never been out the sack. Cos the day I take the chains outta that sack is the day hell freezes over.
as long as they are hanging on the unit so Mr Plod can see you got them, you won’t have a problem. Doesn’t mean you have to use them… do what everyone else does, pull over, draw the curtains and go to bed

I agree Bear, snow curtains are far better than snow chains. :wink: :smiley: