Snooper.

Agree totally Fred.

It should only ever be used as a tool along with common sense.

It’s just that I find this particular one is one of the better tools.

I have the Lifetime European Updates on mine which is just a one off payment of 139 quid. Could work out cheaper than 3 or 4 UK updates :wink:

dar1976:
Agree totally Fred.

It should only ever be used as a tool along with common sense.

It’s just that I find this particular one is one of the better tools.

I have the Lifetime European Updates on mine which is just a one off payment of 139 quid. Could work out cheaper than 3 or 4 UK updates :wink:

Points taken mate. Just wish they were more up front with what it is you actually buy when updating stuff. I wouldn’t be happy paying for an update that (in theory) might only be 1 new roundabout or as I already said nothing at all!! :wink:

Likewise, I used to have camera updates when i had one but when I actually looked at the update reports I had kept over a 12 month period most were the same!

Down to personal choice really but you do wonder…:slight_smile:

dar1976:

mickyblue:

dar1976:
I have the speed camera database subscription and yes it’s spot on. It’s not free. 3 quid a month. And I don’t rely on it. But it helps for the odd lapse of concentration.

You paid how much for it and you dont get the speed cameras on it. Snooper do know how to get money from you

I know :frowning:.

Map updates aren’t free either. :frowning:

your kidding me. I’ve just paid £300 for a TomTom 5150 Pro Truckmate. Live HD traffic, map updates for life, non stop speed camera detections all for 300

Think i may get shot as your right in other posts it does seem to take an age to re direct and it can send you on stupid routes. If im honest i only bought it for the tv and that can be awkward when trying to switch over. Any other recomendations for a sat nav other than the Tom Tom highlighted above? Thanks for all replies…

mickyblue:
your kidding me. I’ve just paid £300 for a TomTom 5150 Pro Truckmate. Live HD traffic, map updates for life, non stop speed camera detections all for 300

Ditto that after some low life nicked my GO630 out of my car 2 weeks ago, and that had the TT truck database on it. But updating it would have meant doing the pirate software thing every so often to keep it up to date, and I couldn’t be bothered, so I bit the bullet and bought the 5150 last night. Should be here tomorrow.

I like the idea of the live mobile camera thing, which gives updates for 3 hours if a van is on site that day as long as someone ‘spots it’, and not just a location area, although I will probably still use the PGPS forum database, as I get it for free, being a life member and all that.

Ken.

madmossy:
Where abouts were you on the A380, as I know this part of the country well, living in Torquay n all :slight_smile:

Blimey…There are 3 of us in Torquay now. 'mon on The Gulls! :sunglasses:

Quinny:

mickyblue:

Ditto that after some low life nicked my GO630 out of my car 2 weeks ago, and that had the TT truck database on it. But updating it would have meant doing the pirate software thing every so often to keep it up to date, and I couldn’t be bothered, so I bit the bullet and bought the 5150 last night. Should be here tomorrow.

I like the idea of the live mobile camera thing, which gives updates for 3 hours if a van is on site that day as long as someone ‘spots it’, and not just a location area, although I will probably still use the PGPS forum database, as I get it for free, being a life member and all that.

Ken.

The speed camera thing is spot on. I was driving up the M1 and it alerted me to a mobile speed camera on top of a bridge, which was spot on. Not let me down yet and is a good sat nav

Had an e.mail to say it should be here tomorrow.

Ken.

Quinny:
Had an e.mail to say it should be here tomorrow.

Ken.

Did you order via TomTom site? if so it will be via UPS. I ordered mine 12 midday, got it 10am the next morning, :smiley:

Ordered it from a localish seller, rather than using a distance seller, which means if it goes Pete Tong, I can take it back to them.

They have told me Interlink are bringing it, which means it gets picked up by the van whose depot is 3 miles from me, trunked to the hub at Birmingham, only to come back into the same depot, and delivered on a different van. Go figure. :confused:

Ken.

Update on the TomTom 5150:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=98726&p=1478376#p1478376

mr lordi:
Anyone ever had this sat nav throw up a low bridge for no apparent reason. Leaving Torquay on Friday it tried diverting me saying there was a low bridge ahead( 12 ft1)when in fact there was no bridge there at all as I had come in that way on the delivery. It was on the a380 towards Newton Abbott. The snooper had me questioning myself :smiley: and tried diverting me. Or is mine just faulty.

Triggers for the canal bridge of the a46 onto a452 or a425 onto leamington spa by IBM. Snooper weren’t interested in the info citing they didn’t control the data…

The best sat nav for trucks has to be the TomTom Pro 5150

Europe Maps, Lifetime Updates and it now comes with 12 months FREE Live subscription.

How it works;
The unit has a SIM card in and connects to TomTom every time it is switched on, it recieves “LIVE” speed camera updates and allows you to search Google, view weather and also gives you live traffic reports on your route.

I am very impressed with the unit and it has never done anything wrong, it is a lot more “interactive” than the snooper crap (which I have used) as you can “Map Correct” to update roads that have just had weight/width limits put on that have not been included on the standard update.

just registered. having a look what you all think of truck satnavs. i have been using a snooper its is the biggest load of crap i have ever bought.i was thinking of buying a tomtom 5150 truck.the snooper has all sorts of problems it seems to have a thing about housing estates and if you have to divert it tries to turn you round on roads mountain goats wouldnt use.if anybody can give me a few opinions on the tomtom i would appreciate it.if you see a white m.a.n in your back garden it will be me using my snooper haha look forward to any replies thanks mark

Hmmm, there’s a lot of folk complaining about the Snooper saying (quite rightly) that if you miss/ignore a turn it’ll reroute you somewhere unsuitable. I use a Snooper and find that to be true too, however I just ignore it until I come across a road suitable to turn down. It’s not rocket science fellas and sat nav isn’t God, it’s what you the driver gets paid for, make your own descisions.

the maoster:
Hmmm, there’s a lot of folk complaining about the Snooper saying (quite rightly) that if you miss/ignore a turn it’ll reroute you somewhere unsuitable. I use a Snooper and find that to be true too, however I just ignore it until I come across a road suitable to turn down. It’s not rocket science fellas and sat nav isn’t God, it’s what you the driver gets paid for, make your own descisions.

Agree with this totally.

You use it as a tool. Don let it take over your brain.

Used in conjunction with Common Sense, Satnavs are good tools.

Iv used snooper for over a year iv all ways looked at the root it’s going to take me then get my map book out to check or google earth sat navs arnt perfect

I have an S2000. It has warned me of a low bridge before that I have gone over the top of as in an underpass. I’ve recently got the UK map update so not noticed if it still does it.

I’m not that impressed with it, had it a few years and it’s tried to stitch me up a few times. It’s handy, but no replacement for looking at a map.

my db8500 always tags the what was a low bridge now dug out on the A350 sort of north of Westbury must be at least 10 years they dug the road down to lift the bridge

I went under a 4.2 with a 4.2 trailer in London this week & non working air sus control, squeaky bum time.