snooper

hi has anyone got the snooper s5000 oor s7000 and is it worth paying a extra 150-180 for a 2"bigger screen and a built in tv on the s7000 also are these snoopers any good

cheers

I have the s7000 with built in tv… It’s the best, well it’s never let me down. I drive on the continent as well as the uk, and it has so many helpful poi’s

Had the s900 and have just ordered the s7000.
The little one never missed a beat so going for the bigger one now

Bought the new S7000 recently and really not impressed, always looses signal between jct 6 and jct 11 M6 and a radius of about 5 miles so always get lost in that kneck of the woods, always seems to have a bad signal in St Helens even though I have an external roof mounted ariel.

Tried to update it but couldnt get the updated free map, paid the £29.99 and still cant download the latest map so just about ready to send it back now and demand me money back !

Don’t personally know why everyone raves about them, theres a guy " www.hgv-trucktables.co.uk" sells a hgv sat nav which I personaly think is better (just my opinion as i have one as well) and gives better service but like i said, thats just my opinion, i certainaly wouldnt waste that much money again.

Madguy :imp:

madguy:
Bought the new S7000 recently and really not impressed, always looses signal between jct 6 and jct 11 M6 and a radius of about 5 miles so always get lost in that kneck of the woods, always seems to have a bad signal in St Helens even though I have an external roof mounted ariel.

Tried to update it but couldnt get the updated free map, paid the £29.99 and still cant download the latest map so just about ready to send it back now and demand me money back !

Don’t personally know why everyone raves about them, theres a guy " hgv-trucktables.co.uk" sells a hgv sat nav which I personaly think is better (just my opinion as i have one as well) and gives better service but like i said, thats just my opinion, i certainaly wouldnt waste that much money again.

Sorry Madguy but you’ve kind of lost me here. When you say it loses signal in certain areas do you mean satellite signals? That sounds really unlikely especially if you have an external arial for it (are you sure you don’t mean the external mag-mount TV arial that came with the unit?). The satellite signals for GPS are a tiny signal coming from multiple satellites dotted around the earth, the signal is pretty constant everywhere including at sea, so unless you’re in a tunnel or between very tall buildings which block the signals then there should be no dead spots.

With regard to updating the map I did the free map update a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine, I would like to pay for the updated software £89 single update or £129 lifetime upgrades, but at the moment buying a house so maybe Christmas. I don’t see anywhere for the £29 upgrade you quote.

Anyway to the OP I’ve had an S7000 for nearly 3 years now and love it. I don’t really need it so much now as I do mostly regular runs but I find the hands-free part of it useful for chatting to friends and family while on the road, and if I get delayed anywhere the TV is great.

Word of warning, its a sat-nav not God, it can make mistakes just like any other sat-nav, but I have found it to be 99% reliable and have NEVER got into trouble with it even when doing milk collections from farms.

I have the external GPS and the external digital tv ariel.

It looses the GPS on the M6 as i said, just freezes and does nothing till i get to the other end.

There is also a thread on here about snooper website being down still and not able to update the latest charts and other problems with them.

Blimey! Have you tried using it without the external GPS maybe thats got a problem, maybe too sensitive and picking up other signals that are blocking the GPS?

The £29.99 is for speed camera updates only by the way, not map updates.

The snooper site was out for a couple of days but seems up and running again, you can find out if theres an update for your map here In Phase International : On-Line Registration

Ive never lost signal in britain with my s7000, i lost signal a few times when i was in the arse end of beyond in some backwards country and it usually was trying to decifer what direction i was going.

Well it must just be mine then but I always loose signal on the M6 around Brum.

Maybe I should take it back to CB Shack at Lymm again.

Cheers I think I will invest in one see how it goes with s7000 I was just worried screen will be to big I will have to have a look at lymm

hodgeR500:
Cheers I think I will invest in one see how it goes with s7000 I was just worried screen will be to big I will have to have a look at lymm

Ok but also look at t’internet. I paid £348 including Euro maps for mine brand new on Ebay. :smiley:

If you use it in a car then yes its HUGE but in a truck its just about right tbh.

I called into a few of those little places in MSA’s and they were offering them to me from £350.00 to late for me i had already bought it from Lymm for £420. If your not in a rush pop in and ask a few, if you have the cash ready you might get a really good deal.

Madguy. :imp:

You can get money off if you ask,the S7000 is very good,the tv is excellent,and you can put 16 multi drops in the the sat nav,the cables are tough too.

When the 7000 first came out they were something like £450 each, I was in phonebitz in clacket lane and got 2 for 800 quid. Sold 1 for 450 and kept the other one.

I find it spot on, the only time it came near to letting me down was in Prague earlier this year when they were doing random road closures to dig bits of the city up.

I have s7000 they awesome

We use the s7000 as well, best thing since sliced bread, as far as sat navs go its spot on, and the tv part is bloody good too. Def worth a shot

You can pair the mobile phone up and when it rings the sat nav becomes a phone,and you talk to the sat nav.

I am same have the s7000 never had any issues with mine