Snooper website

Does anyone no if the snooper website is down i cant seem to get on

I just put snooper into google and got loads of sites.

The one were u update maps it wont seem to load i think its www.snooperneo.co.uk

franko274:
The one were u update maps it wont seem to load i think its snooperneo.co.uk

No that one wont load for me, so there must be a problem with the site.

Thought it might be my computer playing up

Can I just ask, do you pay to update your snooper map?

Well not at the moment as i have only just got it so i think downloads are free for the first 30 days

franko274:
Well not at the moment as i have only just got it so i think downloads are free for the first 30 days

ah right, I always here people saying they get it free but when I go online I always get asked for card details

People that get updates for free won’t be getting them from there, they will be from 3rd party sites :wink:

Which must of them are getting closed down now like piratebay for example

The speed camera updates are free, for the latest map update you have to pay, but if you havent updated for a while and theres more than one update you`ll get the 2nd newest map for free.

pig pen:
The speed camera updates are free, for the latest map update you have to pay, but if you havent updated for a while and theres more than one update you`ll get the 2nd newest map for free.

How’s that then? I thought camera updates were only available on subscription at about £30 a year?

fredthered:
How’s that then? I thought camera updates were only available on subscription at about £30 a year?

Dont know! when i got mine a few years ago, I loaded the disk that came with it, registered the serial number, and now when I plug it in automaticly updates camera data base. Ive never given a credit card number, it asked for a card for latest map, but ive just had the second newest map again no charge. Perhaps the was a offer of free updates when i bought it, can`t remember sorry.

fredthered:

pig pen:

I agree, there aren’t even any cameras on mine to start with!

fredthered:

pig pen:

When the boss bought mine a few years ago it came with free updates for life and it works exactly as pig pen says, plug it in and it does it’s thing automaticaly, as far as i’m aware it downloads direct from snoopers own website(snooperneo) and as already mentioned the site seems to be down at the moment.

Its defo down been trying since yday oh well just have to wait

downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

The website seems to be down at the moment.

With regards to map updates.

I’ve had an S7000 for 3 years now, after I’d had it one year I got an email from Snooper offering me a free DVD to upgrade the maps, which I got and used. 2 weeks ago I went onto the snooperneo website, went to the software download siteand saw you could pay for a map upgrade, £89 but it also upgrades all the software to factor in driving times and will tell you where you can take breaks etc. it also now has detailed lane information at junctions as well plus loads more improvements.If I wasn’t buying a house right now I’d probably have paid up and gone for it.

However if you put in your serial number it will tell you if there is a free map download available for you, I downloaded it (1.6 gig) took around 2.5 hours. It does sort out any problems the old map had timed weight limits in London etc.

For the doubters :unamused: this is a fully legal and free service given by Snooper, not an illegal pirated download. It is not completely easy to find as I assume Snooper would rather you paid the money for the full upgrade (can’t blame them for trying). Even on the page where the free upgrade is available you have to scroll down a load of blurb that tells you why you should buy the upgrade that cost £89, however it is there it does work and it is legal and free.

Heres the link for when the websites back up and running In Phase International : On-Line Registration

Back up and running :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Bloody hell, I rang them earlier and they wanted £59.95 to update an S2000 with just maps! :open_mouth: