Snooper Update?

Just a quick one. Has anyone out there managed to get their Snooper to recognise the new speed limits?

Since the limits changed, I’ve successfully done 2 map updates, and both times I’ve told the updater thing that I want the speed limits for an LGV over 7.5t. But they’ve not changed.

I know it’s hardly rocket science, but I’m just wondering if it’s sending me on daft routes because it’s still recognising old limits.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers in advance.

I didn’t think snoopers routed by speed limits just avoided weight,height,motorway and toll roads if required

hi all
snoopers do have the speed limit showing for the road that you are driving on but they dont have the new speed limits yet.
all i can suggest is that you set the speed limit overspeed warning to 10mph

rangechange59:
hi all
snoopers do have the speed limit showing for the road that you are driving on but they dont have the new speed limits yet.
all i can suggest is that you set the speed limit overspeed warning to 10mph

Oh no, can’t have a satnav making noise at me. Always silent.

Guess I’ll just wait for them to sort it out.

Surely it must use the speeds to route you? Otherwise it’d just use the shortest safe route every time?

Mine only shows the speed limit for a car. Always has done. Its up to u to know what that translates to for a truck.

billdor1967:
Mine only shows the speed limit for a car. Always has done. Its up to u to know what that translates to for a truck.

+1

I use car satnav and ignore speed limit it shows as quite a few on routes I use are 20/30 when it shows as 40 for instance.

I look at actual road signs so couldn’t care less what satnav shows. Sides satnav doesn’t control the speed of my truck, my right foot does!

I can figure out what speed I need to be doing. As I said earlier, it was more of a route calculation issue.

For instance, when heading down south, it always wants me to use the M6/M1.

Never suggests the A50 if I do have to use the M1, and very rarely suggests that I use the M40.

My Old snooper used to show wagon speeds on roads but my TomTom 5150 only shows car speeds, but it still calculates my times pretty spot on though, that’s if I stick to its route but that said the recalculations are correct to.

PaulNowak:
I can figure out what speed I need to be doing. As I said earlier, it was more of a route calculation issue.

For instance, when heading down south, it always wants me to use the M6/M1.

Never suggests the A50 if I do have to use the M1, and very rarely suggests that I use the M40.

I don’t think its any thing to do with the speed, it routes you via what it considers to be the best roads using the direct route, it doesn’t work out the route by speed limit,s. What you have to do is tell the sat nav to work out a route avoiding M1 /M6 if you want to go via A50.
it is only an electric box and will do as it is asked, but its default settings are to use the most direct routes to your destination.,.,

So if it doesn’t know how quickly you can get there, how can it suggest an arrival time?

snooper uses the same maps as many other makes of sat-nav the only difference is it will route you avoiding weight limits and bridge heights but even then it will warn you of weight limits that you know you are allowed to drive into like the overnight lorry ban at ipswich.many times my snooper has tried to route me down a road which although there were no weight or width restrictions there was no way i could have gone down that road.so even though a snooper is designed for trucks i would never trust it completely.as for speed the snooper is the same as others with the choice of fast,shortest and eco routes