Snooper satnavs!

First I’ll start with I don’t care what people think of them I’ve brought it and will never own a tom tom again! All I want to know is I’m setting it up wrong or does anyone else suffer from the snooper sending you down roads you either can’t get down for height reasons or weight limits when there was a route which you could have gone down. If I’m doing long haul runs its brilliant just seems to get confused when doing drops in town centres. I’m currently talking with snooper as it won’t update either

Pjelle:
First I’ll start with I don’t care what people think of them I’ve brought it and will never own a tom tom again!

Snoopers are ■■■■ and Tom Toms are good. Why are you tarring them both with the same brush?

Not wanting to teach you to ■■■■ eggs, but have you set it up correctly ie vehicle weights and dimensions? Also are you pushing the tick box for truck when you switch it on? If not, it may be defaulting to car settings.

I have a Snooper and tbh I’ve never encountered the problems you describe.

Same here, once set up I have not had any issues with Snooper but I still use a map in unknown territory to be sure :wink:

Is the Snooper new? If so you enter your id on the unit and they activate the free lifetime map updates but mine took a couple of days as I activated it on a Friday night :unamused: :laughing:

The only issue I have with mine is it recognises 7.5t limits but still sometimes want to take you down them :question:

I had that once at Halebank in Widnes, I saw the sign and went around and it rerouted.

My snooper is great never had an issue with it which one have you got try updating the software on it then reprogramming all your restrictions such as height weight etc back into the unit sounds like a software issue to me oh and make sure you tick truck box as mentioned before

All that said I have checked and a software update is out but I have downloaded the update to the pc extracted it and followed the instructions but nothing is transferring to the snooper unit according to the pacer (blue line).
So think its a Snooper pooper :unamused: sorry :laughing:

snooperneo.co.uk/FirmwareSe … ck_act.cfm

Okay, I wasnt going to let this beat me :laughing:

It turned out on my set up at least the usb was not recognising the snooper so I tried a few times then inserted the disc and reloaded the original software and the updates loaded just fine :wink:

Hope you have the same luck. :wink:

So let me get this straight.

You’ll never own a TT again, but you quite prepared to run a system that sends you down routes that are unsuitable? :confused:

Weird…

Ken.

Different people do have different experiences, we have the tomtom built into the car and that gets lost sometimes and its up to date :laughing:
Horses for courses, and budget :wink:

Wouldn’t touch tt ever again unless it was to place it firmly under the wheels while I drive over it lump o she-ite

dafpower:
Wouldn’t touch tt ever again unless it was to place it firmly under the wheels while I drive over it lump o she-ite

I am scared to ask why :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Heap o she-ite wouldn’t route properly and every time you tried to send a message back to base to say a job on route had been done it wouldn’t send and got me many a bollocking saying I wasn’t doing any work but how can that be the customer hasn’t complained about not getting the goods. Also it wouldn’t receive jobs either so never knew what I had the next day just had to guess and get the office bird ( who I was seeing at the time) to text me job details (yes I got the cushy jobs - no one knew why) to text em too me

First few days I forgot to set it up correctly. But now it’s always set for whatever I’m driving. It’s always sending me up 7.5 limits. Worse one was few days ago wanted me to go under a 13ft bridge Even though it was set at 14ft that could been fun as sign for bridge was down. I’ve been emailing snooper and they have been helpful. It’s does need updating but I’ve tried 2 different computers and it just won’t update. I’ve got a s8000 if I’m going to big depots I.e red house at Donny it’s brill but ask it to go into a city centre ha forget it.