Snooper satnav!

Any one got one of these satnavs, s7000 ?

They sound very good on the right up ,but then again they would would’nt they !!

Just thought somebody may have one and would like there opinion ? thanks

I have one it does ok it’s a bit awkward to use I find having been used to a Garmin although the freeview
TV is very good and with the large 7" screen is very watchable. Saying that if was to buy a new truck
sat nav I think I would look at the Garmin 560lT . Just my opinion.

i’ve got one. like it. the freeview telly is usefull as it does radio aswell. i paid 400 for mine new and it has uk and euroland maps.

I have one and recently updated the european maps £88 was a bit steep for an update but a great piece of kit, invest in the hard carry case if your not in the same truck everyday plus the battery life ain’t worth a dam. TV is great in the UK and France especially with the little external magnetic aerial.

Is this gonna be another thread about the virtues of the £30 vs the £400 satnav?
Or the “if I spend £400+ on a satnav, it’ll stop me being a prat because I’m clueless at basic route navigation” thread?

Common sense and a basic (cheap) map/satnav are probably more than adequate for most destinations you’ll be heading for. If you want a TV, buy a TV, if you want to listen to the radio, turn on that thing mounted on the dashboard. If you want to watch pawn buy a TV/DVD. I’ve never found a all in 1 all singing & dancing electronic device that capable of doing it all

If I wanted GPS/TV/PC/Internet etc for the truck now I would buy a netbook with built in GPS or a GPS dongle.

Or just download the google maps app for your phone for free. :bulb:

i had one, hated it, sold it

I’ve got one , love it , keeping it. :smiley:

As a truck satnav its very good, within the limits of satnav. They’re all a good tool if you use them properly, this one is like all satnavs they’re not perfect and need to be paired up with a good truck map.

Some of the mapping has mistakes (like all satnav), the weight limits and bridges have never got me into trouble, but sometimes won’t let me go where I could. The best thing is the 7" screen gives you a wide view around the route you’re on so if you aren’t happy with where its taking you (or think you may be able to go down a road it not offering you), you will have more detail on the screen to help choose another route.

I got mine new on ebay for £328 wth euro maps included, never seen a deal like it since but they are about. The TV works brilliantly, don’t have as much time to watch it as when I was on containers, but it’s still 2 mins to set up.

Great bit of truck drivers kit, forget the satnav haters, they just don’t realise what a powerful tool they are if used properly.

I have 50+ farms on mine which I mark when I get to ach farm, when I get home I use the satnav to mark each farm on my truckers map :wink:.

schrodingers cat:
I’ve got one , love it , keeping it. :smiley:

As a truck satnav its very good, within the limits of satnav. They’re all a good tool if you use them properly, this one is like all satnavs they’re not perfect and need to be paired up with a good truck map.

Great bit of truck drivers kit, forget the satnav haters, they just don’t realise what a powerful tool they are if used properly.

Spot on. Good piece of kit.