Snooper Sat Nav

Evening guys i am thinking of buying a snooper truck sat nav and wonderd if any of you use one or have any experience with them ? been looking at the S2000

Getting better with every update .Still some faults mainly 7.5 tons limits .Snooper should put something on there website that allows us to report the problem with whats wrong with it when we find faults with the maps .
Camera datebase is fanstics :smiley:

Might be better to stick with tom tom then tried pro nav didnt like it i a, using a garman at the moment but there truck versions not got a good write up

The updates for the map are nothing to do with snooper the map bought in by NavteQ I’m using copilot at the moment which uses the same map data as snopper Garmin and pronav. Tomtuom on the other hand own thethere mapping supplier teleatlas personally I’d go for the pronav based on price and features i haven’t had a Garmin to play with so can’t comment on that device

Hello mate,

The S2000 is a very capable satnav, however if you can afford the difference then I would go for the S7000, or the slightly cheaper S6000.

These satnavs are very good, however they have a real flaw which is their delicate screens. They are very easy to damage unless you treat them with kid-gloves. Replacement screens are around £250, so you have to be careful!

In terms of routing, they are brilliant. They can sometimes try to lead you down a 7.5 tonne limit, but other than that, they are very good.

I have owned the S2000, then S7000’s for several years and would not change.

Cheers,
Paul

i like to confuse m s7000 snooper by joining the A5 at juction 12 on the M6 heading east . it has no idea what the hell you are trying to do and has a throp , it doe’snt understand the concept of the A5 and cant get its head round the fact you’ve told it to avoid the toll road , and it’s totaly convinced that you are going under a low bridge that is’nt even on the A5 and is’nt on your chosen route it tells me to do a u turn at a major set of traffic lights and then trys to turn me left into a dead end road that has a 7.5t limit on it … it would be funny if it was’nt so serious .

i’ve even resorted to telling it to shut the &^%$ up a couple of times , i dread to think what a new driver would do traveling along this stretch of road with his snooper , it would be chaos… :open_mouth:

bowser:
i like to confuse m s7000 snooper by joining the A5 at juction 12 on the M6 heading east . it has no idea what the hell you are trying to do and has a throp , it doe’snt understand the concept of the A5 and cant get its head round the fact you’ve told it to avoid the toll road , and it’s totaly convinced that you are going under a low bridge that is’nt even on the A5 and is’nt on your chosen route it tells me to do a u turn at a major set of traffic lights and then trys to turn me left into a dead end road that has a 7.5t limit on it … it would be funny if it was’nt so serious .

i’ve even resorted to telling it to shut the &^%$ up a couple of times , i dread to think what a new driver would do traveling along this stretch of road with his snooper , it would be chaos… :open_mouth:

I must admit that mine has a problem with J2 of the M50 when travelling towards Ross on Wye. For some reason it tries to send you back over J2 and back up the M50 the wrong way.

Yes, they have their problems but as any professional driver knows, a sat nav is a guide only. When I worked on Agency last year I had never driven around London, or even visited the place before (other than the tubes), and the S7000 was invaluable to me. I never missed a delivery or made any mistakes due to that satnav.

It would be good if such problems were easier to report to Snooper.

Paul.

you cant report or even talk to anyone at snooper because no one at the other end gives a dam . i’ve phoned them a couple of times and i’m sure only one bloke answers the phone and he has an arrogant nature about him , and dont even get me started on the poi issue …

the snooper maybe a good satnav but without the backup of the company you have nothing else when it goes wrong … as much as it pains me to say it i made a big mistake buying one and if i could go back i would’nt bother , its not the satnav thats bad its the company behind it that is and they can take that any way they please … i would’nt buy one again and thats for sure .