Snooper S8000

After 32 yrs of using maps ( got boxes full of A-Z’s ) … always had a tongue in my head ( managed in France / Spain etc ) … thinking of getting a Sat-Nav to use along side … well the A-Z’s do get out of date with new industrial estates.
Any-one got any views on the latest Snooper S8000 … like the idea of the bigger screen … borrowed a mate’s Garmin, but thinking i might prefer bigger screen … also like the idea of the TV ?

I’m looking at this one as well. I’ve had the tomtom truck for ages but like the idea of the bigger screen (the old eyes are failing lol) and the tv for those endless hours of poa, would be interested in hearing what others think

how doese the tv work then■■? do you use a ariel or doese it get a signal via the sattellite that works the maps■■? :confused: .do you get freeview and will it work on the continent??.

I think you have to have an aeriel … think you get one included … picks up UK Freeview ( presume same as Freeview box you get for TV in the cab ) … no idea if you get owt over t’water :question:
I used to have old 10" “multi-system” TV … worked all over Europe … remember W/ended @ Nules … had few drivers in the cab to watch some team from Manchester playing :unamused: … can you tell i don’t watch football :wink:

Got one myself. Excellent bit of kit. Tv is great and mapping good. Don’t rely on it completely as sometimes it can try to send you down a bit of dodgy road but better than all the others imho.

You won’t be dissatisfied that’s for sure.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Just got mine today from Sat Nav Warehouse, got a hard case and TV extension aeriel included in the package, will take some getting use to after a tomtom for seven years of faithful service.

Feeling the love for the bigger screen and clearer instructions as well as being able to see way down the road. TV works fine with the extension aeriel, you can get signal with the built in but it’s not that crash hot.

Only complaints so far are the really bright screen even with the brightness turned way down had to switch it off tonight as it was to distracting, and the fact you cant save POI’s to the unit only favourites which will disapear with the first system crash… the map is a bit clunky but serviceable I’m hoping that they tidy the software up and make it a bit more professional and less industrial.

So far happy with the unit but have to keep the tomtom handy as all the RDC locations are in it (took me ages to get them in the right place with help form a post on this forum) and the tomtom is much friendlier on the eyes at night.

For those like me who are getting a bit longer in the tooth the big screen is a must have. :slight_smile:

Sad to say i sent mine back as the TV only worked on the occasions I was in or near a large city and the screen was way to bright at night even with all the settings set to min… Got a TomTOm 5150 as a replacement and is a good bit of kit, I am able to use my RDC poi file so no messing about searching addresses and the screen although a bit smaller at five inches is big enough for the job. The main thing is that TomTom customer servicve didnt say thats tough when asked about updating POI files to the device, all I got from snooper was some 15 year old reading a script and telling me that they would decide if my poi file was worthy of putting on their device… the one I just paid almost £400 for their device! well I guess it is now lol

I’m looking for a TOM TOM PRO 5150.

Does anyone know of anywhere doing any deals other than the free life-time maps?

sorry to everyone who has got a s8ooo snooper,yes you could say its a great bit of kit but,in my view not having any what so ever fixed speed camers and not able to put your own poi on is a real pain in the arse,for the money you spend its a bit of a con as you have to pay for speed cameras and ask there permision for poi .should have done my homework before buying one,yes the big screen and t.v are good ,but at the end of the day your a driver and every bit of info counts not how good the tv is or the size of the screen its points on your licence when all of a sudden you have to go off the normal route onto a road you never been on and the speed limits are like yoyos and then you no youll start thinking about how much you mis your sat nav not bleebing ,this thing has nothing.iam a night driver so i need this kind of info on it not have to pay for it,and before any one says it yes i no you shoudnt speed but we all do, well nearly,ok just a few,oh ■■■■ it just me then.lol.

If you passed a test or read the highway code you should know the speed limit of every road you are on :wink:
Just for the record I have the cheaper 25000 snooper and no problems with the speed info or the settings.
I have used tomtom, google map and copilot all for cars and all have niggles :wink: