Snooper s7000 any good?

I’ve heard mixed things I’m looking at getting one for the tv and digital radio for those long night lol I’m just wondering if the navigation is up to much? Although I rarely use sat nav over a good old map nice to have just incase :unamused:

i’ve got a tomtom and the snooper, i prefer the tomtoms functions but the snooper is good although i don’t use the sat nav side of it much, just leave it on for camera’s etc. Its also good when ur parked up just to watch some tv, plenty channels to choose from to as long as you have a signal.

Ive got the Snooper S2000, and the S7000, the software is great but with a few mistakes (like most satnavs). I find them both easy to use.

Most people on here seem to have used Tom Tom more, therefore find those easier, but I struggle with them, so maybe it’s a case of what you know is better.

The telly on the S7000 is brilliant you can get a decent signal almost anywhere, the cable to the ariel is really thin and can be put through the sun roof without causing any probs at all.

I have the S7000. I generaly find it very good, however on Wednesday it got confused with the one way system in Leeds and sent me in to a dead end with no room to spin the truck round. I don’t think this is a problem just restricted to the Snooper though.
On Thursday I was in Milton Keynes waiting to be tipped and I couldn’t get a signal on the tv. Nor can I get one from my home address. On the other few times I have used the telly it has found a signal.
I still feel I made the right choice.

I’ve had the s7000 for a couple of months now and find it pretty good. It isn’t as intuitive as a TOMTOM when you work through the menu’s but with a bit of practise I’m getting there. If you can get the POI software that you download of the net to work please let me know as I’m totally baffled!! The TV is great when you get held up and even when the reception isn’t great there is always something to watch.

I use one on a near daily basis and it works very well for me, no worse than the tomtom but with the added bonus of a large screen an tv.

schrodingers cat:
Ive got the Snooper S2000, and the S7000, the software is great but with a few mistakes (like most satnavs). I find them both easy to use.

Whats the difference between the S2000 and the S7000?

Looking into them and can’t seem to find any, I know the S6000 is the S7000 without the TV & Radio. But what is the difference in the 2000 :confused: :open_mouth: :question:

Why not spend £50 on a “normal” tomtom satnav (recon or new), spend another £19.99 on a years subscription to the pocket GPS speed camera database (for the cameras). Add the free bridge hight POI so you can set the truck height to within 1 inch (hights from 10ft - 16ft 9"). Add a large dose of common sense, and eyeball #1 and you have the ideal truck satnav, then get down to tesco (other retailers are available) and buy yourself a 16"-22" flat screen TV with freeview, DVD, 12v jack plug etc built in. All for less than half the price of a tomtom truck or snooper truck thingy.

I have a Tom Tom with that stuff on and think its rubbish also till I’m back tramping not carrying tv round all time lol plus this snooper is off a friend who has given up driving and I can have it for £250 so basically half price and it’s only few months old so tbh it’s a no brainer

So why ask if it’s a no brainer

i get an ex demo model for 300 so 250 for a used one thats a few months old is a bit much

Baboo85:
I have a Tom Tom with that stuff on and think its rubbish also till I’m back tramping not carrying tv round all time lol plus this snooper is off a friend who has given up driving and I can have it for £250 so basically half price and it’s only few months old so tbh it’s a no brainer

Go for it at 250 it,s a bargain,wouldn,t leave home without mine,excellent bit of kit.

what puts me off is the size off the bloody thing.

what about these…

lemondigital.co.uk/satellite … es-lorries

jessicas dad:

what about these…

Had one of them, absolutely fine as long as you dont want to start in a weight limit or finish in a weight limit rang them up as it refused to calculate a route, was told to switch it to car mode which really defeats the object.

Got a Garmin Dezl now and it is absolutely spot on!

sent from my computer in my sitting room

jessicas dad:

There’s nothing wrong with a big one :wink: :wink: :smiley:

what about these…

jessicas dad:

what about these…

In a car it’s huge in a truck you don’t notice it tbh

Whats the difference between the S2000 and the S7000?

Looking into them and can’t seem to find any, I know the S6000 is the S7000 without the TV & Radio. But what is the difference in the 2000 :confused: :open_mouth: :question:
[/quote]
Size of screen

Been using one for the last 2 years we run car transporters so the height changes every time you drop a car off, you can store multiple heights, weights,lengths etc not perfect but very very good . Must be used with common sense though or you’ll find yourself in big trouble :open_mouth: