Snooper S5000

Hello,
This is my first posting. I have just returned to driving HGV (after 16 years of van driving), its only my third week and everything seems to be going ok apart from missing the odd turning and getting lost a few times.
I have been reading up on sat navs and like the sound of the Snooper models. I think I have decided on the S5000 with a 5" screen but see that quite a few of you have the S7000 they seem to offer similar specs apart from the screen size and tv (I popped over to our local Halfords to look at screen sizes and wondered if the 7" would be a little distracting, also I don`t need the tv).
Any advice from the experts would be billiant.
PS I have the AA truckers atlas

I have an S7000 and swear by it even though I used to say I’d never buy anything but TomTom.

The screen is only distracting if sat in the middle of the windscreen. I find if it’s sat over to far right and tilted away then you only need to glance at it when unsure.

PS the tv is fantastic :slight_smile:

Thanks for replying, I`m still undecided so must make a decision as need to order one later this afternoon for delivery on Tuesday.

The issue isn’t so much of it being distracting or not relevant but the fact those particular models can be setup for the size of vehicle you’re driving!

I have already found my device helpful in so many ways. Occasionally it’ll route me in ways that I think it’s wrong, like Hams Hall to Nuneaton, not on the motorway and it wanted to take me via the A446/A45/A444 via Coventry! Having to track along to find that track that goes through Astley or there abouts and after that it still was a bit odd but I got where I wanted to go. It likes the bigger roads rather than the smaller direct roads, but I’m glad it doesn’t route me down B or unnamed roads unless I specify it and sometimes even then…

Whether you’re a newbie or a returning experienced driver I’d recommend the Snooper, and I do like the larger screen. I think I’ve got the 6000, the one without the TV and it’s fine for me. Plus coupled with a truckers atlas :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks, have got a truckers atlas. Appreciate your reply, from what I have read they do seem to be good sat navs. Can I ask how often you update the maps and do you pay £29.99 a year for the speed camera updates? I`ve decided to go for the S5000 with the 5" screen, does everything the 7" does apart from telly and of course screen is a bit smaller.

I got mine a matter of weeks before it was discontinued and have found the large screen very nice, but yeah, a smaller one could be more helpful :slight_smile:

I did pay initially for the ‘updates’ but I don’t really think they’re worth it, it’s still best to use your eyes but if you’re just starting out then just for the first year it’ll be worth it I guess.

I’ve had my about a year now, I’ll update it soon and see what happens. When you update it try and get the truckstops and everything loaded in too if you can :wink: Some of the POIs are worth it too, including fuel stops and the like.

Guess the next one I’ll be buying will be the Euro one, but I guess I should get my passport first :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good Luck :wink:

Great, thanks for the advice :smiley: